AVIC411.com

Thinking of upgrading D1 to D3

I currently have the D1 installed in my 06 silverado, im thinking of upgrading to the d3, but worried about the 1 disc slot. I have a cd changer i can install that will fix this but just wondering if i leave the navi disc in the D3 will it show the map view constantly as im driving without a route inputed like the D1 does? It looks like i can sell my D1 on ebay and make almost enough to pay for the D3.

I have a D2 and have MediaGate-25 connected to my unit, i have everything i need so I dont need to upgrade. the D1 and D2 have 6.5" screen and looks neat too, the D3 has a smaller screen and the controls are all on the right.

In my opinion, keep the D1, i dont see that much difference in upgrading to D3.

Sirius & ipod interfaces are improved. D3 has a memory function which can still show your route even after you remove nav disc. Tilt feature is gone.

I mostly listen to sirius & ipod so the 1 disc slot is not that big of a deal. Plus I like the D3's bluetooth interface.

I don't miss my D1 at all. Go with the D3 if you own an ipod or a bluetooth phone or want to watch movies or match your factory dash lighting.

The D3 does display the map exactly like a D1 even when you don't have a route programmed in. If you take the nav disk out, it will still show the map but it will zoom way way way out

Yes I have an ipod and a bluetooth phone, as for the tilt feature i do not use that in the silverado as the Navi is up high. I think i will upgrade. I have the cdb-100 or something like that. I never used it because ipod control on the D1 sucked, is there an updated adapter or can i use the same one on the D3?