AVIC411.com

Possible to load different POI?

Hello all, new to this forum. I have had my N2 for close to two years now with no problems. I circumvented the bypass when new as this unit is mounted on/in my Harley.

I recently ordered the N3 upgrade disc's and am waiting for them to arrive.

My question lies in the POI's. I'd like to load the Harley dealers list I found on a POI site. I have no clue if this is even possible or how to go about it. I was searching the archives reading the tons of threads on the N2 but either overlooked this info or it isn't there.

yeah the manuals are full of useful information, but everyone hates reading those. Thats why it makes me laugh when people buy the latest and greatest but dont use it beyond what a unit at half that price is capable of doing.

• 1 month later...

OK I read my manual for the POI installation procedure and it is useless.

So back to my original post.

I'm able to load the POI I'd like on a disc. Now is it as simple as installing the disc in the unit and the system will take over?

no...at least not that i am aware of (i have an n3)

you'll need to do either a Telephone Search and input the Harley Dealer Tele #'s (BTW, this is a super cool feature, suggest you check it out - Telephone Search) and then see if they are already in the POI database in your avic...

otherwise, you can do the address book add by hitting the large blue button for Navi Menu. then hit address book. input the information (regional area, street #, street name, city) and then save that address as a waypoint in the address book. from then on, you'll be able to select that address in the navi anytime you need (goto, for ex)

kinda funny you've had the unit for awhile with limited use...i've had mine for 48-72hrs and i've done nothing but test out every function&button :)

enjoy....

I just need the navigation and MP3 features on a bike.

If entering POI's has to be done manually this thing is useless on a bike. Having the dealers is a must while travelling. The Zumo is able to take them without having to type the several thousand entries in. I'll keep working on it before I pull it out and toss it in the work truck. :(:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried several times and variations of trying to load POI's on this thing, no luck. Looks like this will become a work truck radio. I'm really disappointed with the capabilities of this radio. For the coin I should run out of ideas before it runs out of features.

Zumo shopping I will go..............