AVIC411.com

After fooling around with the Sirius stuff on my D3, I wish that Pioneer could do the following in any updates to the software they may be working on:

Show the Sirius channel name in the preset button after you set it, rather than just "P1", "P2", etc.

Take out the DISP button, and just display all the song info in the text window on the left side of the screen. It is time consuming (and distracting) to have to scroll through the channel, artist, song title, composer, category, and station ID for each song.

Please add the option to use the MEMO button for artists, not just songs. My wife's Satarmate can do this, the D3 should be able to as well.

Just my $.02.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually complained to Pioneer about the 1 line display for Sirius, using their online support form.

They said there are no plans to upgrade this feature via firmware. I asked why and got some lame response about how it's probably some kind of marketing thing. Anyway, maybe if enough people complain, they will change their minds? here's the link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 85,00.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I completely agree with the preset and single line information items on your wish list. In fact, I came here trying to find a way to get more than one attribute (artist, song, etc.) to display at the same time on the Sirus screen and found this thread right off the bat.

I was hoping I missed something in the manual or perhaps you guys had found and posted some gem of an "undocumented" feature to get the additional information to display...

I just submitted a complaint/suggestion too (thanks for the link).

Has Pioneer issued any software/firmware updates for the D3 yet?

• 3 months later...

I share the same frustration as everyone else. I also came looking for a fix to view a better screen. My old starmate was much better. I have sent a complaint to Pioneer as well, but based on this discussion I don't have much hope. Thanks for sharing the info. :?