AVIC411.com

Getting music on to my Z1's hard drive

Not sure where to post this. I want to put my music (in mp3 format) on my Z1's hard drive. I know that the Z1 will not allow this. Without having to burn 100s of audio CDs from my mp3 files, is there any way to make an "audio DVD" from my MP3 files? I have Nero 6 and in DVD mode, it will not allow me to make an audio DVD. Anyone have any insight on how to do this more efficiently? Thanks a bunch in advance. I am learning so much from these forums.

i think an mp3 cd still holds more music than an audio (wav files) dvd, or should be about equivalent depending on how big your mp3s are.

They let you make audio dvds (mp3s are converted to wav files), which are the only type able to be transferred to your Z1 hard drive.

i think an mp3 cd still holds more music than an audio (wav files) dvd, or should be about equivalent depending on how big your mp3s are.

They let you make audio dvds (mp3s are converted to wav files), which are the only type able to be transferred to your Z1 hard drive.

So mp3's can't be burned to a dvd to make a data cd just like a cd-r full of mp3's? I just bought a d3 and dvd burner so I guess I'll find out on my own.

Not sure where to post this. I want to put my music (in mp3 format) on my Z1's hard drive. I know that the Z1 will not allow this. Without having to burn 100s of audio CDs from my mp3 files, is there any way to make an "audio DVD" from my MP3 files? I have Nero 6 and in DVD mode, it will not allow me to make an audio DVD. Anyone have any insight on how to do this more efficiently? Thanks a bunch in advance. I am learning so much from these forums.

I'm trying to do the same...and use up the 10GB HHD left, but most of my music are MP3 files. Can Gracenotes pick-up the artist and titles if you load "audio DVDs"?

I have Nero 6 and in DVD mode, it will not allow me to make an audio DVD.

Nope, Nero 6 won't do it (at least 6.3 doesn't). I have heard that Roxio will, though. If 6.6 does, then likely 7 will too.

That being said, once you make an audio DVD, I think that you should be able to include CD TEXT, that is artist/title information right on to the DVD. This way the Z1 can read the info directly from the DVD. At least it works this way using a CD.

Another alternative is to use a CD-RW and just re-record. Still long, but you aren't wasting a bunch of CDs.

Ok, I have come to the realization that mp3's can not be put on the harddrive and have started burning audio CDs and loading them into the Z1. MAN THIS THING HOLDS A LOT OF MUSIC! I have 30 CDs in already and only 25% of the 10 gigs used. Here is my new dihlema... I want to keep all of my 80's, dance, rap etc in each of there own albums. Right now I have 80's A-C, D-G etc...as much as my music CD will hold. I want to combine all to just '80s'. Any way to do this so I dont have to scroll through 100 albums on the library? This is a great unit but annoying in some ways with the limitations. I would separate them by Genre but they are limited as well. Thanks for the help but I have a feeling that I will be dissapointed with the answer, darn Pioneer engineers!