AVIC411.com

Problem with BTB200 and Blackberry Pearl

Make sure you have read the manual. If you transfer address items via bluetooth, the headset feature will disconnect. You'll have to hit the 'Menu' button, then 'Phonebook Transfer' from the 'Functions' option.

That worked fine for me. After transferring all the phonebook entries, you'll have to reconnect the bluetooth to make calls.

Try doing it from the blackberry. Go to the bluetooth menu. highlight the avic hit the menu button and transfer address book. Then recieve phonebook from avic. I had the same problems with my pearl and the sony deck i have. Should work the same i would imagine.

The AVIC is always going to disconnect when you hit phonebook transfer, as its supposed to. Then you go into your address book, look at EACH individual contact, and in your phone menu there should be an option like 'send contact', 'send', 'send address book entry', or something like that. When you hit that on your phone, it will ask you to look for devices again and it will re-find the avic. When you do additional contacts, the AVIC should already be in the list of devices and you won't have to look for it again.

You can't send them one at a time on the pearl. You can only do the whole phonebook. If you can't get the whole phonebook to transfer why don't you just enter them manually. With all the time you spent posting about it you could be done by now. :D

• 2 months later...

I figured it out...mine was doing the same thing and I couldn't transfer my address book. I have a D3 and the BTB200 with a Blackberry Pearl.

What I did was I had to register my phone (instructions on page 106 of the AVIC User manual). Basically you go to the register phone option on the AVIC after you've paired and connected it and hold down an empty slot until your phone name appears. This also fixed the auto connect as it makes a profile for your phone on the AVIC.

Next you select the phone book transfer on the AVIC, then on the Blackberry you go under bluetooth and select Phone Book Transfer (make sure you have this option set to yes in the properties). It will disconnect and give a wierd error message. That is ok. Now do not reconnect the device but select Phone Book Transfer again and it will start transfering all your address book. Mine worked perfect.

When you click on address book though, it took a minute for it to display it for the first time but all is working great now.