AVIC411.com

what kit to order to fit avic-d3 into a 2000 f-350?

My d3, xm with nav.traffic & backup camera was just delivered from crutchfield. I'm also looking for an mounting kit or pictures of a double din mounted in a 2000 f-250 with the dash removed.

CF didn't give you a mounting kit and instructions on how to take your dash off?

Crutchfield sent instructions for a single din kit. the dash is easy to remove, but i am looking for advice or pictures of the radio installed without the dash on there is no DD kit for a 2000 f-250. I did a search and all i could find were units that were already installed. I might try to modify the kit that is listed in the above post (best kit), but i am looking for other alternatives as well as pictures.

there is no specific double din kit for those trucks. you have to use metra 99-5805 kit. pop rivet the trim ring to the radio opening in your dash and mount the side brackets to the radio and click it in to the trim ring from behind

there is no specific double din kit for those trucks. you have to use metra 99-5805 kit. pop rivet the trim ring to the radio opening in your dash and mount the side brackets to the radio and click it in to the trim ring from behind

That was the info I was looking for. Thanks Misfit.

don't you ever get tired of typing the EXACT same thing over and over?

I used the DD metra kit to fit my D2 in my 2006 F250. Fits like a glove. Got the kit off of ebay with a harness adapter as well.

congratulations, the 2006 is a completely different dash than the 2000, but thanks for your input

don't you ever get tired of typing the EXACT same thing over and over?

I've seen Misfit's posts about using this kit for econlines, explorers, and f-150's, but I didn't think the dash was the same in the f250/350/etc. I didn't find it in my search of this site, so please point me to the post, I'd like to see if there are any good pictures of the final fit.

Thanks,

-Jeff

I just bought the metra kit (99-5805) recommended by Misfit, installed speakers and started wiring the backup camera, i will install the unit in a couple days and try to post pictures.

Thanks for the help and Try not to get tired of sharing info and tips, its what makes forums like this an invaluable asset to the non professional/novice installer