AVIC411.com

D3 software work for N1 upgrade??

Hey there guys and gals... Well have had an Avic-N1 for a while and had been putting off upgrading the software because of the solder hack needed to be done to the head unit once the 60MT upgrade was installed. Well, I guess im converting.. hahaha and going to do the upgrade. Now the whole issue about shelling out $250 for the 60MT upgrade disk or even finding a legitimate 60MT disk on ebay is scarry (Seen to many stories about getting scammed or bricking the unit) But if anyone can sell me the 60MT..

So for the real question.. I have a buddy that is going to buy the D3 this weekend. Anyone know if those disks will work to upgrade the AVIC-N1 software/maps??? Has anyone tried it??

Hope I am not asking this question twice. I read and read but didn't find it.. So let me know guys and gals.. :-) Nice to come back and get back into the AVIC-N1 stuff.. :-)

The D3 disks will not work in anything but a D3. As for the disks, I wouldn't pay anywhere near $250 for them since newer disks should be out soon and will retail for that much(CNDV70?) Keep looking on ebay for originals, I have seen them for $40-$60 per disk--east or west