AVIC411.com

Update for Z1 Comeing Soon

I emailed and called in and was sent this via email:

Hi David,

They have not given any specific date. We are expecting it shortly.

Thank You,

Adhama

Customer Service Representative

Over the phone they said it was in testing now and should be out later this month for download. We will see...

Yeah,

I thought they would pull some stunt like that. I am sure that they just moved the bypass to some other method. hidden button on the TFT or hold down a button for a few sec.

I can't do the upgrade because I have a forward looking night vision camera installed and if I can't bypass I'll lose that mod.

They need the by pass for testing and demo.

It won't be too long before the bypass is leaked again.

I hope when the update comes out that they have a listed of what updated were made in the software before you install it. I would wait a few months before installing it just to make sure other people that did the update aren't having issues.

Like Beta software....

IMO

Cheers.

PS if you really need to bypass to see dvds, they sell rear view mirrors with LCD's in them that you can connect to the rear video output on the avic and re-route the display to the mirror. or even have 2 displays to watch. nav on the avic and dvd on the mirror or any other combo.

in logic, If all the internal components are the same, it could be upgraded to add the new features of the Z2. It would make logical sense.

The z1 is still priced higher then the z2 and looking at the specs adn white papers I think

That pioneer noticed that the Z1 had many issues and they stop the production of the Z1, used the same unit just with upgraded software and chips.

IMO.

People are just mad because they spent all this money on the Z1 and here comes the Z2 cheaper and with better map qualities. If you go to their site and look at the specs for the Z1 and then look at the specs for the Z2…. Its all the same features the only difference is POI and added cities and you will notice that the Z1 has extra’s that the Z2 doesn’t.

maybe the z2 was made just to get rid of the liability of the bypass.

-----