AVIC411.com

Z1 and Blackjack from Samsung

Just got finished banging my head with Pioneer Tech support who finally told me that my Z1 is not compatible with my Cingular Blackjack and vice versa?

How can this be and can anybody help solve this frustration? I am sure the people here are brighter and more creative than the $8 an hour phone people at Pioneer.

Thanks in advance for all the help

I have a Z1, and used the Audiovox SMT5600 smartphone first. Worked well, but didn't get caller ID on the screen. ?

Then I had a Cingular 8525 (what a piece of sH*$) and it dropped the bluetooth signal almost every call, about 2-4 mins into the conversation. I returned the phone.

I am now using a BlackJack and it seems to work very well. I had no problem pairing the unit at all... not sure what your error messages are, but mine was straight-forward and works great.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what trouble you are having, specifically, but my pairing of the Blackjack was very textbook. I initiated the pairing from the mobile device (not the Z1), and I made sure that bluetooth was ON, and Discoverable before I started the pairing process.

I also made sure to turn the VOLUME DOWN all the way before I paired the unit. This seems to help the echo problem for some people... just remember to turn it back up when you use the phone or it will be very hard to hear the other person talk.

If you have specific trouble you can tell me about, I may be able to help more...

OK I have both bluetooth on and discoverable then I hit menu and discover devices. When I search Pioneer Navi comes up. I try to connect to it and it asks for the pascode or w.e. I just dont put anything and press next and then an error comes up saying connection failed or incorrect passcode. Any ideas?

OK... This should be an easy fix once you have the correct passcode.

There is a 4-digit bluetooth passcode that is set in the Avic Z1. I am pretty sure that it forced me to set one when I configured the BT unit. If you don't remember doing this, it may be set to 0000 (zeros).

Once you enter the correct passcode, it will sync right up and work. If you need help finding the passcode setting on the Z1, let me know; I'll have to go down to the garage to walk through the setup menus... also, it may be in the manual that came with the BT unit.

Good Luck!

Hey man I can't thank you enough. I actually didn't realize they had options for the phone once you hook up the BT on the tv. SO I went under those options and changed the passcode and I actually initiated connection with the z1 and now its working good. One question though....can we transfer our phonebooks onto the z1?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The passcode for the Blackjack with the Z1 is four 1's "1111". Make sure u register the phone with the Z1 to make the connection. make sure your phone box is check that says "Make this Device Visible to other devices" under the bluetooth connection menu on the Phone. this should be all u need..O and make sure your connection to the bluetooth receiver with your phone is strong enough. Good luck