AVIC411.com

Zen Vision:W

I'm thinking about buying the Zen Vision:W or M instead of the Apple Ipod. I've searched many sites and there is no comparison concerning the video formats it will play and quality of the picture,audio quality and the versatility of the unit. I will be using the Zen outside the car very heavily. I haven't read if it can connect to the A/V side of the D3.I did read thet a person had it going thru the fm section ( it wasn't a D3).Has anyone used the Zen in their car,if so how did you connect it to your D3?

• 5 months later...

USB adaptor doesn't transfer video, and is not recommended for use with the D3. I would just do what the other poster did...Buy the cable that outputs to Audio and Video RCAs and run those into the A/V input RCAs hanging off the back of the D3. You will have to do all controlling from the Vision though, and keep in mind you will have to keep it charged too

Here is a website that gives a good breakdown in features between the three (ipod, zen and zune).

Just keep in mind if the size of the zen w, if you are going to have it wired in the car. THe thing is gigantic, i only mention this because i was going to do the same.

go to a bestbuy or something and check all three out.