AVIC411.com

NEED HELP With D3 antena on 07 altima

You probably need to do the same thing I did on my '07 STI. Since our antenna's are in the rear glass window you'll need to supply the Antenna cable that goes from your HU to the Harness a 12v source. You'll have perfect reception again after that.

Not sure what that means, can someone explain it? I have a 2004 Mercedes C32 that I purchased an amplified antenna adapter for. I hooked the power lead on the adapter to a switched 12v source, not the HU. Since the antenna is in the window, I didn't hook up the antenna power lead thinking this was just to make the antenna go up and down. I have a complete aftermarket system. I don't use the stock amp or speakers. New wires ran to the trunk and then to the speakers.

I have lousy FM reception. Didn't test the AM reception as I don't every listen to AM.

OK, been searching. Apparently I *may* have to hook up the Blue wire to the antenna booster power control terminal. Not sure where that is. Is this the switched lead from the car?

However, I'm confused. On page 6 of the installation manual, it says "do not connect the blue lead to the power terminal of the antenna control." Then on page 10 it says "if the vehicle has a glass antenna, connect to the antenna booster power control terminal."

???

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

for the mercedes guys, you have to hook up the antenna turn on as well as the antenna booster in the aftermarket antenna adapter. so thats the power antenna turn on (solid blue) to the antenna adapter blue wire and to the blue wire in the harness you used. altima guy same thing just use acc power the red wire to power your antenna.

So let me see if I have this right for the Altima.... I connect the blue wire from my antenna adapter to the red wire and thats it??. Is the red wire from the vehicle harness or from the avic? Is that the accesory wire? Do I have it right?? What about the blue wire coming from my head unit??

I think I'm confused on whether I have to connect two or 3 wires and where to locate them. Thanks so much for the help.... everything else is working perfectly!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...