AVIC411.com

Done the hack - what about mute though

I have just completed the hack before installing my D3 - my question is....will the mute wire still work??- I was hoping to connect my Parrot bluetooth to the unit and I think it needs the mute wire to tell the stereo that a call is coming in/out. I haven;t got the parrot kit linked to my speakers because of my separate amp....

I was in a similar situation...

I preformed the hack but still wanted MUTE capabilities...

My vehicle has reverse collision detection... It beeps when you get close to hitting something... So, I wanted my vehicle to MUTE the radio when it started to beep...

So, I went to my local electronic store (but I am sure Radio Shack might work as well) and I bought a connector with wires connected to it that looked very similar to the D3 connector (it was only $0.50)...

I removed a pin/wire from this new connector just like I did on the D3 and it was the exact same style of pin...

Since I already moved the MUTE wire to perform the bypass, I simply inserted the newly acquired pin/wire into the original MUTE wire opening...

Now I have a fully bypassed D3 and I have MUTE capabilities... 8)

Good luck,

Mark

I was hoping to connect my Parrot bluetooth to the unit....

The parrot looks cool and all, but I would give the CD-BTB200 bluetooth module a shot.

Mine works really well, autoconnects, automatically mutes/pauses music, and after the call is done, it turns the music back on.

It isn't hard to install at all.

• 3 weeks later...

The CDBTB200 handles the muting through the P-bus cable, not the mute wire, so you would have no need for the mute wire in that set-up. Bypass away, no worries

I was thinking about installing the AVIC D3 along with the CD-BTB200. If I do the Mute / Brake bypass, do I need to do the same mod to get the mute to work for incoming calls? or will it do this automaticaly?

Thanks this site is awesome.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add the parrot system i have didnt need the cell mute wire. Even though it has it in the harness. If you have an external amp or sup you will need it so it mutes that.. but if you just have factory speaker then dont worry about it.

FYI, if you cut off the adapters off the parrot harness, then make sure the group of speaker wires with the yellow cell phone mute is going to your head unit. After many days of trial and error I got my Avic-D2, installed in my 07 VW Jetta GLI 2.0T

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had any problems with this setup?

I am going to run a wire to my VIPER ALARM so i can remotely mute the unit (ie. if i remote start the car and the volume was on full blast).... THat would be much sweeter than running a relay on the turn lead.

ED

I was in a similar situation...

I preformed the hack but still wanted MUTE capabilities...

My vehicle has reverse collision detection... It beeps when you get close to hitting something... So, I wanted my vehicle to MUTE the radio when it started to beep...

So, I went to my local electronic store (but I am sure Radio Shack might work as well) and I bought a connector with wires connected to it that looked very similar to the D3 connector (it was only $0.50)...

I removed a pin/wire from this new connector just like I did on the D3 and it was the exact same style of pin...

Since I already moved the MUTE wire to perform the bypass, I simply inserted the newly acquired pin/wire into the original MUTE wire opening...

Now I have a fully bypassed D3 and I have MUTE capabilities... 8)

Good luck,

Mark