AVIC411.com

Z1 - Z2 partition experiment

For those interested...there is a HDD that I've been using it is not an automotive HDD but I've logged thousands of miles and many hours on this one and it has worked very well. It may not work well in extreme conditions temp. vibration etc. but it has not failed me yet. It is a toshiba 4032 GAX. $44.95 at Chief Value online. This could allow you to keep the Main HDD secure and experiment with the Toshiba 4032 GAX.

DB is there another place in this forum that this info should be placed?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I inserted a drive with the Z2 image into my Z1 unit the screen said "Updating program do not turn off power" Updating 1 of 2 then 2 of 2. While this was occuring the whole time I was hoping that it wouldn't wipe out the possibility of the bypass with the Z1 program. The Z2 program worked great many streets nearby that were not on the Z1 program were found using the Z2 program I didn't have time to check out any other possible updates from Z1 to Z2. I then inserted my Z1 HDD and the screen said "updating program please wait" update 1 of 1. I then had my Z1 reinstalled WITH the bypass. For this reason I don't believe it's on the flash memory unless the flash is updated with the HDD when they are changed and updating. I then reinserted the Z2 HDD and again got " updating program please wait" but only updating 1 of 1. the Z2 again acting as a Z2 no bypass. Now the next question is will the Z2 unit bypass with the Z1 HDD? It should

Hyperite...now when somebody tries to convert they will have details as to what they may expect. Since there was talk about the internal flash being changed with the Z2 program install, it may have people concerned that if they convert to Z2 they may lose the bypass in the Z1. I was just pointing out that it didn't happen.

Hyperite...now when somebody tries to convert they will have details as to what they may expect. Since there was talk about the internal flash being changed with the Z2 program install, it may have people concerned that if they convert to Z2 they may lose the bypass in the Z1. I was just pointing out that it didn't happen.

Right, I know...I wasn't saying anything about your post except the part I quoted... the question you asked was answered.

• 4 weeks later...