AVIC411.com

Unreadable disc????? WTF?

• 3 months later...
I just got the same problem. everything was working fine until today. The system was playing all my cds, even burnt ones, but while listening to one of the cds today, the music jsut stoped and it said "unreadable disc". I tried other cds and dvds, and now its not reading anything, not even the ones that worked b4. Got this system installed a week ago, and ran into a few troubles with it, startng to think this was a big wasted of money.
I got the same as the rest of the complaints listed. I played a dvd-r disk and now nothing works on dvd or cd. When I installed my unit when it was brand new I had a power supply problem. I shipped it to the Pioneer service center (make sure you get a repair order from Pioneer) I shipped on Monday gort it back on Friday same Week "UPS". I am calling Pioneer on Tuesday. If anyone knows a quick fix please let me know.
Thanks,
Boucho
I have the same issue with my audio CD collection. I upgraded to the Z2 image on a new drive and several audio CD's from my original CD collection (not burnt but actual original store bought) will not read in the disc drive. When a disc is inserted that exhibits this issue I can hear the laser pickup tracking back and forth just as if it cannot read the disc at all. However it does read some of my disc's. I did not have this issue with the Z1 image. The disc drive has always been very sensitive to the slightest smudge on disc's but not to the point of rejecting a disc and displaying a unreadable disc error. What was included in this image update? I am starting to wonder if additional media support was included that has caused this issue.
I reset the unit but am still having issues where some disc's will read while others won't. When I had the original drive (Z1) in the unit it read all my audio disc's fine. Since upgrading to the Z2 image I have this issue where it will not read all my audio disc's (all are original store bought disc's). Any additional info in regards to the hit and miss of reading disc's in the Z1/2? BTW my unit is just 2 months over the one year warranty.