AVIC411.com

only 2 bars for Gps antenna strength? Acura

I just finished installing my D-3 in my 1996 Acura Integra 1.8L 4.Door..

I found my Vss wire behind the instrument cluster and it's orange, my car dynmics works perfect and speed is basically dead on.. speed pulse also is great and goes up when driving..

I installed my GPS antenna in the corner top of my dash and i'm only getting 2 bars for signal, i move it out the door and it doesn't seem to go up too? Is there anything i can do to boost it up :?: is there anyother connection that plays a part with the gps antenna strength :?: I'm located in Ontario canada...

I did the bypass also. Runs great while driving :D

thanks in advance for any help or input :wink:

I wouldnt worry to much about it since as you said it works fine while driving. I saw the other day that my says the same thing especially while park but then all of sudden it goes up as soon as i turn the ignition on and start driving. Additionly i cant really complain about the accuracy of my product either.

yes i used double sided tap to hold the metal plate to the top of my dash after i cut it a bit and then placed the GPS antenna on top of it..

I checked the speed pulse while driving and it goes up from 0-8 @ 60km/hr..

the antenna bars in system options are at 2 most of the time but do go down to 1 and zero.. i see some people are hitting 7-8 bars and just want to make sure i can maximize it. I will probably rip it apart again today and relocate the GPS antenna and double check the VSS..

I was told on this forum the VSS was white/blue @ driver kick, cruise control module but i got a diagram from the Futureshop installers that say it's orange @ instrument cluster and orange at the cruise control module lol :?: I connected the orange at instrument cluster...

also when searching the forum is it normal once you click into a link from your first search pg you cannot browse back or you loose your main search pg?? I made sure i spent a few days reading before i installed this myself.. lol

Found my answer and was very simple lmfao...

I ran the GPS antenna to the other side of my dash and hid the cable along the windshield tucked under the dash and it made a HUGE difference.. I'm at 7 bars now..

the cable acts like the antenna also and if you expose it or at least keep a few feet close to a window your signal will be awesome!

Now my D-3 is kicking ass. can't believe the accuracy on this thing :D

thanks to all who replied! :wink:

Yeah, it wouldn't have been the VSS wire. That's only for speed.

Glad you figured it out. I ran my cable to the passenger side and up the side to the dash. I left about a foot of cable visible on the dash so maybe that's why I get great signal!

I have my GPS antenna installed on top of my 3rd brake light on my rear deck. The Antenna is sitting atop the metal plate. The most I've ever noticed is 2 green bars for the antenna strength, even when Im getting 7 or even 8 green satellite icons.

The Antenna strength meter (just to the left of the satellite icons) doesnt appear that it has enough room to even register 7 bars of strength?