AVIC411.com

I've been using my Avic Z1 with my Pearl 8100 Blackberry....and it's been working fine since January. I have noticed the past month or so and also with a previous Treo 650 phone that the Avic would connect and disconnect randomly, but most obviously and only in areas I haven't travelled in a while or highly congested areas such as Toronto Ontario.

I believe that the unit has auto learn and fear that this is a problem with Pioneers engineering. I have no problems around my home town and where I frequenly drive.

Yes of course I will blame Pioneer.

How can the Bluetooth on a phone work perfectly fine with the Avic Z1 for 2-3 months, then all of a sudden when you are out of your regular driving area travelling in areas that haven't been driven before or densely populated areas like Toronto Ontario - Avic Z1 continually disconnects and reconnects with the phone. With the having learning mode in the Avic, this problem seems to be too much of a coincidence.

Editted and added Sat. May 5th - this past two days I've also noticed that if I travel in our local area that are not mapped with the TeleAtlas data, ie. which was once a country side 6 years ago and now a subdivision, the Avic connects and disconnects the bluetooth. Again, too much a co-incidence on when the connect/disconnect occurences happen.

Again I traveled outside of my regular area with the Avic and the Bluetooth continued to connect and dissconnect. As soon as I was in my regular driving area (home town)... the unit stayed connected!

It's becoming evident there is something wrong with this unit. All the results of its performance/operation just proves it. Perhaps their microprocessor just can't keep up when the Avic goes into learn mode?

Oh, so the Bluetooth, Voice Command, AV and Guidance are all run with separate microprocessors and programming? I find that hard to believe. It's one function unit with a core to run all the above. Are there schematics anywhere that indicate separate microprocessors or a programming sheets that indicate separate programming?

I just had a private message and there are others whom have have no problems with the Avic and 8100 pearl.

The AVIC has learning mode and when you enter areas that are not travelled regularily, the unit does something inside for tracking. So my guess is my unit perhaps can't keep up?

Something tells me it's the programming or the microprocessor can't keep up.

dude, why dont you calm the fuck down. we're giving you possibilities here. and where in your other posts did you say anything about problems other than the bluetooth disconnectig. i guess we're supposed to read your mind about your other issues