AVIC411.com

Just got my z1 today. I have the bluetooth adapter and im going to do the update tommrow. i did the sminntech method where you ground wire#2 on connecter # 2. that was easy. but i dont get what this means? Do not permanently ground the vehicles parking brake switch wire. what wire is that (colour) and does that mean put a switch in? how can you not permentaly ground it. I want to have everything working, playing videos while im driving ( for the ladies) and using gps/navi. speed sence wire? what do i do with that. what colour is it? also if i burn a dvd as data in mp3 format, will the voice recognition thing still work for the songs?

What he means is don't ground the stock parking brake wire. Or in otherwords: don't bypass the little light that indicates you have the parking brake on. Simply disconnect the parking brake wire from the Z1 and ground that.

also if i burn a dvd as data in mp3 format, will the voice recognition thing still work for the songs?

Not sure what you mean by this, but the Z1 will not play mp3 on a DVD, period. Only on a CD.

thats not true, i've played dvd's that a friend burned for me with tons of mp3's on them

Really? a DVD with mp3 files on it? Or a dvd made using mp3's? If it's the former, then I stand corrected. I was sure I read that the Z1 couldn't read mp3's on a DVD (and I thought I'd already tried it). If it's the latter, then the files are not in mp3 format but, likely, in .vob.

your probably right. the last disc he made me had every jethro tull album on it and it works, probably a hundred and something songs. but the first one he made me had like 1,000 songs, and it doesnt play. whatever, i just load everything onto my ipod anyway.

nono i used the cell mute wire for the relocation. theres a pink wire and a purple with white stripe. im just wondering what to do with those? jus leave them?

If you relocated the cell mute wire then ground that and the light green parking brake sense wire. If there are other wires on the connector that are not used, don't do anything with them, maybe tape them up so they don't short to anything else (including each other).

nono i used the cell mute wire for the relocation. theres a pink wire and a purple with white stripe. im just wondering what to do with those? jus leave them?
The pink and purple wires are the VSS and Reverse wires, respectively. The VSS only needs to be connected if you drive through tunnels a lot or if you seem to lose your GPS signal often. The reverse wire needs to be hooked up only if you are using a back-up camera. That's what activates the camera input and allows it to display on your screen. But yeah, like Ducatiboy said, ground the light green (parking brake sense) and the relocated "cell mute" wire and your unit should be bypassed. You should probably reset the unit on the first boot after your bypass just to avoid any potential problems such as parking brake messages and such.