AVIC411.com

Bluetooth problems

I have finally got my phone to sync. Bluetooth works great. Transferred my whole address book to the Z1, awesome.

On my way to work the phone rang. The display on the radio said it was my brother, but when I answered, it was my boss! I was confused. Has anyone else had this problem? HELP!
May be a stupid question, but have you gone into your address book and physically checked the names and phone numbers to see if they downloaded correctly? I can't see how this could happen without having an improper download, duplicate number for each of them, something silly like that.
heres another stupid but a technicaly viable reason. Could you boss have been at your brothers house when he placed the call? OR your boss called your brother and then your brother, utilizing 3 way calling, called you and only had your boss speak (as if he, your boss, had placed the call); was your brother on line with you guys, do you even know? seriously though, never heard anything like that, could you have accidently erased your bosses call entry log and the last call just prior to him calling maybe was your brother. i dont know just grabbing at straws really...

matt
OK, I have this prob with most of my calls. I have a new Treo 700p from Sprint. I also have a Parrot 3300 (discounted right now, testing out the Pioneer). I had the same prob with the Parrot, I would get a call and it would appear on the Parrot as someone other than who was actually calling. I am sure that it's an issue with my phone. Seems they changed the bluetooth quite a bit on the 700p, so I will have to wait till Palm comes out with an updates, besides that, I have no clue as to who is really calling unless I look at my phone.
[quote name="03Aviator"]May be a stupid question, but have you gone into your address book and physically checked the names and phone numbers to see if they downloaded correctly? I can't see how this could happen without having an improper download, duplicate number for each of them, something silly like that.[/quote]

I say check them as well.
Well, I have a bit more information that may or may not be helpful. It's entirely possible it could have something to do with your carrier. Please remember...I'm quite the noob when it comes to this sort of stuff, but I did find out that carriers configure their phones to fit their legal requirements. A lot of OBEX stuff can be disabled. I believe this can have something to do with caller ID information too. It might be worth talking to someone...or going to a board that deals with these issues in depth. But I can't help but think many of these issues are a simple hack away of your phone....
[quote name="03Aviator"]Well, I have a bit more information that may or may not be helpful. It's entirely possible it could have something to do with your carrier. Please remember...I'm quite the noob when it comes to this sort of stuff, but I did find out that carriers configure their phones to fit their legal requirements. A lot of OBEX stuff can be disabled. I believe this can have something to do with caller ID information too. It might be worth talking to someone...or going to a board that deals with these issues in depth. But I can't help but think many of these issues are a simple hack away of your phone....[/quote]

Very interesting, never thought of it that way. I have been posting on Treocentral's boards, but never heard of a hack that would fix these issues. A few other people are having them too. I did write Palm, here was their responce:

[quote]

Dear Brett:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Ian and I will be assisting you on your inquiries with the problems you’re having with two car kit devices working with the Bluetooth Palm smart phone.

Hello, Brett. Thank you very much for raising these particular issues with the Bluetooth car kits working with the Palm Treo™ 700p. There seems to be problems with the car kit devices displaying the correct caller ID, as it only displays the last calls made, or picks a random entry from the Palm’s address entries. Try to provide us with more details on this issue for us to get a clearer grasp on the problem, and provide a much more comprehensive and efficient solution.

Is this an upgrade from a previous Treo device? Did the two car kits work with a previous Palm model before this particular problem? Are the two car kits compatible with the new Palm Treo?
You might also need to check with the device manufacturers to verify the compatibility of the two devices. If this is an upgrade is the new Treo using the old Treo’s username?

Brett, we want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

[url=http://www.palm.com/us/support]http://www.palm.com/us/support[/url]

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support experience, as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our services.

Thank you for choosing Palm.

Sincerely,

Ian
Palm Technical Support[/quote]
  • 2 weeks later...