AVIC411.com

Pioneer please read!

This is intended for Pioneer employees/execs lurking on this board.

I understand you want to protect yourself from lawsuits in the U.S.

Yes, we are one of the most litigious countries on the face of this earth. I am truely ashamed of that fact.

However, by forcing us to look for, and modify our units in order to bypass your lock, you basically have protected yourself from lawsuits. I don't see why you have to make each different model with a different bypass.

By doing that, you are only hurting your sales for no additional gain or protection!

Many a Z1 user would have shelled out more money and purchased a Z2 if the bypass was something feasable! Instead, all you have achieved with this, is elevate the price of used Z1s and made the people wanting to buy Z2s adopt a wait-and-see attitude hoping for some sort of a bypass.

As far as I know, all the navigation in Porsches, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lamborghini, etc... need no bypass, work at any speed without modification, and these companies have not been sued out of existence by distracted drivers.

So do your company (and your cutomers) a favor, and don't change the bypass procedure at every opportunity you get. Have a simple bypass that would make the customer responsible for whatever happens while the vehicle is in motion, and that would be a "win-win" situation for all parties.

Sincerely,

Itsme

Too funny....
tru dat, and i was gonna go into how those car manufactures do have lock outs, but nevermind now. the customers here alone are a small percentage of pioneers customers, not to mention that i dont want to be on the road with someone watching a dvd while they drive. even navi functions are scary for some drivers. hell even changing radio stations are, so let the lock out live on!!! lol
Too funny....
tru dat, and i was gonna go into how those car manufactures do have lock outs, but nevermind now. the customers here alone are a small percentage of pioneers customers, not to mention that i dont want to be on the road with someone watching a dvd while they drive. even navi functions are scary for some drivers. hell even changing radio stations are, so let the lock out live on!!! lol

What lock out?

The PCM in Porsche does not lock out

The RNS-E in Lamborghini and Audi does not lock out

Neither do the navi units in BMW and Mercedes.

Either you don't know what you are talking about, or the cars you saw had aftermarket units

Besides does it make sense to lock out navigation and allow ipod searches? It takes the same amount of concentration to find a song using the ipod interface than to enter a street address on the navigation. So why lock out the nav?

mbz does. infinity does. I dont know of any that dont (that have video output) just navi, thats different to an extent.. like even acura doesnt lock out navi functions, but dvd video is, and my opinion is rightfully so, you may be a good driver, theres plenty of people on the road that shouldnt be there and giving them dvd functions is tantamount to being first hand responsible.

I think its a case of one upping the next manufacturer. theres people that drive into the ocean cuz they followed the navi, theres people like that! So pioneer is taking things a step further legally. cant fault them for that. In fact, if you want to attest to your dissatisfaction, start a 'protest of pioneer' campaign and hit them where they will feel it, the pocket. Cuz on a info forum, i doubt itll get anywhere

mbz does. infinity does. I dont know of any that dont (that have video output) just navi, thats different to an extent.. like even acura doesnt lock out navi functions, but dvd video is, and my opinion is rightfully so, you may be a good driver, theres plenty of people on the road that shouldnt be there and giving them dvd functions is tantamount to being first hand responsible.

Ahhh, you're talking about DVD.

I was talking about Navigation. I have no experience about video.

I watch my movies at home, in dolby digital. In my car I care about getting to different destinations, hence the interest in navigation.

Yes, japanese units tend to be more restrictive. In my wife's Toyota (same unit as the Lexus) the navi is locked as soon as she rolls.

MBZ does allow you full navi functions at any speed.

You really can;t survive without watching a DVD in your car doing 80mph!!1 this is why there are lockouts: because thee are morons that will drive watching a DVD while texting on their cell. Do me a favor and do that in a closed track so that when you smack into a wall, its just you, and not another driver...

DRIVE... just fuckin' drive like an adult and stop whining about not being able to do yet another thing while driving. DO YOU REALLY NEED TO MULTITASK WHILE DRIVING? how inconsiderate are some drivers not realizing that there are other prople on the road depending on the fact that you should be an alert driver. When my sister calls me on her cell while she's driving because she's bored, I hang up on her. THATS how much I can't stand this shit.. BORED>> WHILE YOU RE DRIVING? then get a chaufeur. Don't endanger other people on the road who's only sin was being in the wrong place at the wrong time while you were fiddling with your stereo.

pioneer, if you reading this, DON:T listen to these guys, listen to your lawyers... people are too stupid to be trusted with responsibility. Look at ceel phones... its like darwin himself invented that.

Well, my passenger might want to watch a DVD or manipulate the nav controls while the car is in motion. Why are they being penalized?

As far as nav controls, I agree....but for the DVD, in most states it is illegal for a video screen to be visible to the driver.

As far as nav controls, I agree....but for the DVD, in most states it is illegal for a video screen to be visible to the driver.

I also couldn't care less about DVD.

But it is VERY useful to have a passenger alter a destination on the fly, or set a new one, or whatever.

Cars are for driving, not watching movies. Navigation is a driving function.

German cars allow navigation functions while driving. Why not japanese?

• 2 weeks later...
German cars allow navigation functions while driving. Why not japanese?

Actually, Acura allows full access to navigation when moving. None from Acura have DVD video capabilities, so that's a moot point. Although it can be added by adding a DVD player and "hacking" the factory configuration. The later Acura's do have DVD audio capability.

Oh yes...all but the Acura RL are made in the U.S.A. (I believe that to be the case...correct me if I'm wrong)

I can't count the number of times I've had to have my wife punch something in the Nav unit of our Acuras while we were driving down the road. To have to stop everytime to do that is ridiculous. If I'm alone and need to input something...I stop. I don't care what anyone says...you can't do that and give 100% to your driving. And our Acuras allow voice commands for the Nav! You don't have to use the buttons...you can tell it what you want.

Well, my passenger might want to watch a DVD or manipulate the nav controls while the car is in motion. Why are they being penalized?

Hate to say this but do people really pay attention to that law. I've used the dvd playback for my passengers and I can careless about that law But i don't drive and watch movies either. It's like Drinking and driving you have that choice but either pay the plenty later on for your action's if you have to drink. Law's are made to enforce principals on each other some are good and Indeed some can be a personal decision. For this reason I feel the Dvd Playback is a Personal choice and Not consired a real harm inless your a Moron that doesnt know how to drive right oh wait half of those Live In Atlanta that's a No brainer LOL.......

Erik