AVIC411.com

Completely off topic- you guys seem to have all the answers-

So I turn to you guys- my fellow Z1'ers with a penchant for getting things cheaply. I apparently paid about $400 too much for my AVIC Z1, as I bought it from a local retailer :evil: Since so many of you got yours for significantly less at online retailers, I'm looking for an Ipod video, and don't wanna pay $400 for it. Since I learn from my mistakes, do any of you know where to go to get them cheap? Ebayers offer either a small amount off of retail or it's sombody in China with no feedback....umm no thanks. TIA.
In my experience, Apple has done a great job of maintaing the retail mark up of their products. I have done extensive research in trying to find discounts on both ipod and imac products. The best I could do was a 10% discount through my company (one of the officers of my company sits on the Apple board). I don't think you will find any great deals...
Yeah, I've found the same thing. I looked all over before getting mine. 10% off seems to be about as good as you can do. A friend of mine works at Walmart, so I had him get it for me off the website with his discount. They had free shipping, so it saved me about 60 bucks on a 60 gig video since there was no tax. The only problem is they no longer sell them on the website, so the best you can do is a 30 gig video in the stores.
I just bought a 40GB 4th Gen black and white one for $150 (total) off of EBay but I had to do a lot of hunting. I also saw the guys from China that either have all their feedback posted seconds apart or no feedback at all.

Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Oh, the best price I've found for a new 60GB Video iPods is $320 shipped
[url]http://www.coyotego.com/ipod-60gb.html[/url]
[quote name="civicsedan"]If you dont mind the ipod being refurbished you can pick one up from apple.com for about $200. they come with 1 yr warranty and all cables and software.[/quote]

Hmmm, I see the refurbed ones for $340 shipped, not $199. Why buy a refurb when you can buy a new one? I did see a 40GB one for $199 though.

I'd much rather have a used one than a refurb one; prefurb means it was broken once and I just don't trust refurbs. I've had too many go bad on me and you know what they say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
I might be a little late, but the best discount on apple stuff is to tell them you are a student. They never check. Just say you go to your local college. Go to the store, then click on EDUCATION. Put in a local college and when you get back to the store all the prices have dropped by a good amount, it's different for the different things. It's worth a shot. I was a student when I bought a laptop from them and I said I was, but that was the extent of the proof. They said "Are you sure you are a student?" and I clicked on the "yes" button and they give you a discount.