AVIC411.com

All, those that have XM built into Nissan at least, you can reuse the factory antenna instead of running the new pioneer antenna. Works great and the plug matches perfectly... Traffic and XM working perfect with that... In the 2006 Altima, the Antenna is under the rear deck in the trunk next to the Factory Bose Amp.. Next to it is the Factory XM Box. Pull the antenna from that and use in the Pioneer. (Pink Plug, matches the pioneer color).

All, with Nissan at least. You can use the factory XM radio antenna with the pioneer unit. It fits exactly. Traffic and XM works on it fine. It is under the rear Deck in the Trunk next to the Bose Amp. There is a Factory XM Tuner. Pull the Antenna Plug (Pink plug. same color as pioneer) and plug in to the Pioneer...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It applies to virtually every vehicle that has satellite radio. They all use a FAKRA SMB connector (and although the housing index may vary) the actual connector is the same.

I dug into my trunk yesterday and found that on the stock XM unit for the G35c there's actually 2 antenna connectors going into the unit, one is brownish, one is green. Any idea which one I should use for the Pioneer unit? Neither of them plug directly in. I wanted to make sure before I started destroying the plug ends.