AVIC411.com

Rattle when screen is tilted

Has anyone noticed a really annoying rattle when the screen is set at anything but all the way retracted? The way the radio opening is in my Integra the screen needs to be tilted 2 positions out to clearly see it, but it constantly rattles when it's out. I can't believe a $2000 radio would be built so poorly that it rattles. My friend's Kenwood 7017 is silent. I'm just wondering if something is wrong with mine.
I'll try tilting mine out all the way and see what happens. I'm positive it's not hitting any trim. The screen is kinda wobbly when it's 2 notches out. It has to be the slack in the hinges that's causing the rattling. There has to be some way to shim it to fix the noise.
I have noticed on mine that if I tilt it out...then touch the screen, it moves slightly back in. There's some slack in it. Kinda cheesy. It's no big deal if it's not tilted on mine, so I just leave it in all the time. I realize that's not feasible on some cars and the tilt is needed.
  • 2 weeks later...
Do those of you that have a rattle have your Z1 installed ISO mounted, or did you use a DIN sleeve?

I've found that the DIN sleeve will rattle if the screen is tilted out on most double DIN pieces. I'm not sure if that's the problem or not, but you can test that theory by putting your finder under the screen to isolate the source of the rattle.
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote name="SVARVEL1"]Has anyone found a fix for this yet?[/quote]

Mine did this, I could even feel the screen push in alittle the first time I touched it.

I sent it in for the backup camera repair, the screen cracked in shipment.
Pioneer fixed the LCD and the rattle went away, no more slack in the screen either. Its the same unit I sent it, so repair is possible.
  • 4 months later...
[quote name="Tickbrotha"] [quote name="SVARVEL1"]Has anyone found a fix for this yet?[/quote]

Mine did this, I could even feel the screen push in alittle the first time I touched it.

I sent it in for the backup camera repair, the screen cracked in shipment.
Pioneer fixed the LCD and the rattle went away, no more slack in the screen either. Its the same unit I sent it, so repair is possible.[/quote]

The rattle is back !!!! :evil:
It does it at every angle except flush.
Really driving me crazy.
Anyone have any luck fixing thiers?