AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 static noise??

I installed my AVIC-D3 in my 2007 Honda Civic EX coupe but whenever i touch a button the the D3 its really loud and has static in the background. Same when the GPS voice talks. I turn down the voulme level in the settings and its still very loud even with it turned down all the way. Plus the static noise in the background. I had this in my last car and never did this. Plus, when i listen to my iPod or radio it sounds fine, no static. Just when the GPS talks and my D3 beeps when i hit a button. Whats going on with this? Thanks!

actually it sounds like u have the guidance voice turned down but the beep still on a level. and you have to make sure to turn the on and off button to off on that screen. Mine was doing that too then I turned everything off on that volume screen and it doesnt do it anymore. Hope for u thats the problem.

• 1 month later...

I just got my d3 installed in my 07 civic si. There is a static noise that gets kind of annoying and is present whether the volume is turned down or up. When I first put my key in the ignition and turn one click, the unit powers up and there is no static whatsoever. When I turn the key one more click, that is when the static noise kicks in. The second click allows for the fan to blow and all of the dash lights to operate. I wonder if there is some kind of interference or something. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

My D3 is having the exact same problem. Constant static noise, even when the AV is turned to off. I know it's not the amp because I unplug all RCA cables, and the D3 is still make noise at the rear speakers, which are powered by the HU directly. The ground is good, it's grounded to the chassis, and I have a uni-body subary forester. This is driving me nuts.