AVIC411.com

===> Need Opinions on REFURB Avic Z1 Units off of eBay !

Hey guys (and girls),

I have an opportunity to purchase a Pioneer Refurbished Avic Z1 for $1199 + shipping, and it seems like a great deal, but usually I've shied away from Refurbished electronics. I've bought a few high-end HDTVs in the past couple of years, and never would go Refurbished.

What are your opinions on Refurbished Avic Z1's? Do you think I should go ahead and pull the trigger on it? It DOES come with a 90 day Pioneer warranty, so if I get it installed an find anything wrong, I could send it back for another unit (which is a nice piece of mind).

Anyone have any experience getting their unit refurbished by Pioneer? Any pro's and con's you all can think of? I really am nervous about refurbs, but it's a great deal!

Thanks for all you guys do in these forums!

Hmm... They claim that the 90 day warranty is through Pioneer. Are you sure they don't honor eBay items, even if it's a Buy It Now through an actual store? Couldn't I just say that I bought it from this store and not even mention eBay?

You need a receipt from an authorized dealer to get warranty work. Going to be a problem with ebay purchases

Hmm... They claim that the 90 day warranty is through Pioneer. Are you sure they don't honor eBay items, even if it's a Buy It Now through an actual store? Couldn't I just say that I bought it from this store and not even mention eBay?

I bought mine refurbed from golden gate electronics through Ebay for $1340 shipped. When I got it, the voice recognition did not work and there was no power output on the amp remote. I sent it back to Pioneer for repairs and they honored the warrantee. I also purchased a 3 yr extended warrantee through Square trade for 10% of the purchase price. Would probably reccommend the ext warr. I just got it back today and will install it this afternoon. Will let you know. Pioneer did not charge me anything although the shipping to Pioneer was out of pocket ($15 shipped insured for $1400). I would suggest that the company that you purchase from is an authorized dealer. Good luck!

I purchased a refurb Z1 in February 2007, it worked perfectly out of the box. I also purchased an Avic D2 unit, and installed in friends car, it was also refurbised, worked fine.

Does anyone know if there is an update for the Avic Z1 navigation data base? I heard somthing about a software update was available thru a third party download site?

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

Mike

I purchased a refurb Z1 in February 2007, it worked perfectly out of the box. I also purchased an Avic D2 unit, and installed in friends car, it was also refurbised, worked fine.

Does anyone know if there is an update for the Avic Z1 navigation data base? I heard somthing about a software update was available thru a third party download site?

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

Mike

That's definitely reassuring to me. I'm scheduled to get this unit delivered today, so I'll let you all know how it turns out.

I think that there is going to be an update soon for the Z1, which will essentially turn it into the Z2 (probably will cost ~$250 like any other map update). But I've heard buzz around here that if you have your Z1 bypassed and you do the update, you will lose it, and all functions you had opened up while in motion.

• 5 weeks later...

All set! I had to send mine back to Pioneer repair a because the voice command and amp power out were not working. The harness that came with the unit was the wrong one and replaced by Pioneer at no charge. All I can say is that they were extremely helpful and took care of it, no hassles whatsoever. Looking to buy a refurb? Go for it, they will cover it (as long as it is from a authorized dealer). Mine works like new (although the nav sucks and the music library is not customizable. etc...). LOVE the bluetooth for my cell phone, it is great!