AVIC411.com

they didnt say anything..

last week they had a homeless guy in who said he wanted to rape condoleeza rice, laura bush and the queen of england.. Xm issued an apology...then the boys mentioned it on yesterdays show ...

yeah...fuck XM

Well thats lame. .... I;d hate having to pay for HBO to watch lewd and racey humor only to have HBO then later change the content. Its like having Ali G apologize... for being ali G....

Isn't XM paid subscriptions or do they have advertizers?

I am happy that Ron and Fez are on all day now instead! :)

BTW, if the same thing happened on Siri100, Im sure he would have been suspended as well. Sure it is censorship, but they are trying to get governmental approvals for the merger and the comments the homeless guy made wouldnt help the situation any.

i love(d) XM but the thought of cencorship rubs me the wrong way

Sure it is censorship

Opie and Anthony were NOT censored. They were censured by XM Radio. There's a big difference, and most people seem to be missing the point here.

If the segment did not air, or was "bleeped", that would have been Censorship.

However, the segment did air, and was not edited in any way.

XM Radio chose to censure O&A for allowing the segment to progress as it did.

They violated XM's "rules"... not the FCC or anyone elses.

Personally, I think XM made a mistake by suspending them, and I support any effort to point that out.

XM can do whatever they want to their own employees. If you, or O&A have a problem with XM's rules... so be it.

But please don't be so quick to jump on the censorship bandwagon... because this has nothing to do with censorship.

• 2 weeks later...

Im upset with XM also. But I didnt have the balls to put a hold on my account. I actually cant listen to regular radio anymore. (Except for O&A on KRock). The suspension was for the stupid merger that have going on. People remember O&A are on some free station around the U.S just deal with the commercials. :oops: