AVIC411.com

So I'm loving the -60 disk on the D1!!!

Guest adamhicks

Guest adamhicks
Wow it updated everything. I had to buy a spindle of dual layer discs to burn it, but so far I've made copies for 4 of my Toyota FJ Cruiser buddies and it's flawless. Pioneer tells me it won't be out until August for the D1. Of course I'll buy a copy then, but since it's NOT AVAILABLE FROM PIONEER I have to take matters into my own hands!

Anyways, all of the roads which were 4-5 years out of date are now perfect. Pioneer should be ashamed of themselves for still selling the D1/D2 with such old maps and technology, then wanting to charge me $250 for a new set in August when I've only had the unit for 30 days. I'm a little disappointed in them, but I love the unit now that I am able to actually USE the Nav!!!

Adam
adam@golilm.com
Guest AdamHicks
most of my points of interest were WAY old on the 1.2 disc... this is like night and day. I can actually USE my Nav now!

Don't know if I'll be selling them on eBay any time soon, but I have some available for this forum members if someone needs one.
[quote name="AdamHicks"]most of my points of interest were WAY old on the 1.2 disc... this is like night and day. I can actually USE my Nav now!

Don't know if I'll be selling them on eBay any time soon, but I have some available for this forum members if someone needs one.[/quote]I can't even imagine how old mine are! I have the original 1.0 discs, not even the updated 1.2 discs you have! :shock:
[quote name="AdamHicks"]most of my points of interest were WAY old on the 1.2 disc... this is like night and day. I can actually USE my Nav now!

Don't know if I'll be selling them on eBay any time soon, but I have some available for this forum members if someone needs one.[/quote]Can you give me some specific examples of locations or POI's that are on the new disc and you know for a fact were not on the old disc?

I am trying to verify that the disc I bought is the latest one and I have no way of doing that other than the obvious one - it now says 2006 on the startup screen.

Please let me know asap so that I can leave appropriate feedback for the seller on ebay that I got this from.
i think the cdnv 60m disc should show something like this on the harward info

cjnv1175-1

not sure about the 4 letter, but something like that. The last digit, 1 is for east, and 2 is for west disc
[quote name="SuperH"]Does it glorify the iconic interface for the GUI? Like... do the touch buttons look different on the display?

I'm wondering if the interface would look like that of the Z1 after this update.[/quote]No, the touch buttons are the same. This update did not affect that.
my discs came with installation manual

you can download it here
[url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/vgn/images/portal/cit_11221/310077330CNDV60MPOperationManual.pdf]http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/vgn/i ... Manual.pdf[/url]