AVIC411.com

So I'm loving the -60 disk on the D1!!!

Guest adamhicks

Is this a firmware upgrade or just a content update ?
I'm asking because I am downloading a copy of the -60MT disk and would like to try it out. If I do "install" it and it doesn't fully work can I go back to my old D1 disc or am I now stuck with the new software ?
[quote name="Anonymous"]Is this a firmware upgrade or just a content update ?
I'm asking because I am downloading a copy of the -60MT disk and would like to try it out. If I do "install" it and it doesn't fully work can I go back to my old D1 disc or am I now stuck with the new software ?[/quote]Apparently it is supposed to be both a firmware and map upgrade. The map upgrades are mostly for the BC area. I have no idea what firmware upgrades it does. I haven't noticed any.....

I installed this update on my D1 and have not noticed a map update - but then I hadn't used my original 1.0 discs that came with mine for more than a week, so can't be sure that the maps have not been updated that much. This much I know, my neighbourhood which is about 5 years old is NOT on the maps, so I have no idea if the updates are just restricted to major roads and highways and not neighbourhoods. At least the 407 highway - which is about 10 years old is on the maps.
  • 2 weeks later...
One thing that was evident from the 2 page manual alluded to previously, is that you will have a "HIDE" button with the new software, when previously the button said "ESC"??

I'm only guessing because my car guy loaded the new ebay-bought discs and system before I ever saw mine, so I've never seen the old interface..

Although there's some BIG mistakes on the new one. Is there a place to report "oops's?"

In Cincinnati if you try to navigate to Forest Fair Mall (been there over 10 years), you don't get within two X-way exits and are in the middle of a cow pasture (you can see the mall in the distance) when you're told, "You're at your destination!"

musicman1
yeah i was also wondering if you could use your old discs after you install the 60MT ones, i got the east coast one off ebay but dont want to use it unless i can use my old, blue, west coast one.
[quote name="Anonymous"]yeah i was also wondering if you could use your old discs after you install the 60MT ones, i got the east coast one off ebay but dont want to use it unless i can use my old, blue, west coast one.[/quote]I doubt very much you would be able to use your original old West coast disc once you have used the newer one off ebay - this is simply because the newer one will update the firmware and then the old one (regardless of which one it is - west or east) will not work.