AVIC411.com

Bluetooth problems - entering keys after call connects

I just had this unit installed and one problem I am having is how to enter numbers after my call is connected. For instance, after I connect to my voicemail account, I have to enter various numeric entries to access messages, etc. Anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks.

That's certainly the backup plan, but the idea of the bluetooth handsfree is to be able to leave the phone in your pocket and not have it ricocheting around the car as you drive. I could just as easily have installed a wired handsfree unit to do the same thing.

I havnt installed my D3 yet just ordered it last night but I have ran into a similar issue when I am using my headset. Since I only check my Voice mail when I have new VM, I created a Phone Book Entry called V. Mail. The number is *86p#XXXXp1 . Now I have Verizon so *86 dials the voicemail service p pauses until it hears audio from the system then sends #XXXX (XXXX is the password for the mail box) Then it pauses again Then sends a 1 that is the command for Playback new messages.

I know this is not exactly what you want but it is a work around that I use.

I havnt installed my D3 yet just ordered it last night but I have ran into a similar issue when I am using my headset. Since I only check my Voice mail when I have new VM, I created a Phone Book Entry called V. Mail. The number is *86p#XXXXp1 . Now I have Verizon so *86 dials the voicemail service p pauses until it hears audio from the system then sends #XXXX (XXXX is the password for the mail box) Then it pauses again Then sends a 1 that is the command for Playback new messages.

That gets me in, but there are still the buttons you need to press while listening to messages -- press 1 to save, 2 to delete, 3 to hear again, etc.

That gets me in, but there are still the buttons you need to press while listening to messages -- press 1 to save, 2 to delete, 3 to hear again, etc.

I have the same issue. I just end up letting it roll into the next Voice mail on its own then go back or delete the messages when I am not using the bluetooth. I will be installing my D3 this weekend so I will let you know if I figure anything out.