AVIC411.com

CAN I USE External DVD Player, Until Hack is Resolved?

Hey Guys,

I REALLLLLLY want the z-2 and I read this forum every day to see where you guys are at with it... basically if I cant watch movies while in-motion its a deal breaker for me, and im thinking of getting the D3...

My question is... Will the Z2 allow you to use your aux input while in motion? I could use a 1/2 din dvd player in the center console.. if i REALY wanna watch a movie... or until you guys figure out the hack...

Is this a do-able temporary fix? Or does this damn thing know what your doing...

THanks!

jesus! whats the point of pioneer doing this? It CANT be for liability reasons... because u can hack the d3 in like 4 minutes.... i guess its just a wait game to see if these elctronics gurus can figure it out... im definitely not one of them... nobody knows a pioneer tech?! lol

i know but... why can u hack the d3 with no problem then?? prolly because its such a cheaper unit they didnt wanna put the technology into it... but it if was such a liability u think they would put the same technology in all of their units... besides if the directions specifically say ground to the parking break... u get in an accident... they could investigate that you didnt go by the guidlines and pioneer would be cleared? i mean im not alawyer or anything but... i dono

Your not a lawyer, but there are plenty of people that are. And all of them would be happy to charge their hourly rate to argue in court of behalf of a family killed by you watching movies. They wouldn't want just your money because thats probably not worth their time, but Pioneer's money is

My question is... Will the Z2 allow you to use your aux input while in motion? I could use a 1/2 din dvd player in the center console.. if i REALY wanna watch a movie... or until you guys figure out the hack...

THanks!

You could "hack" it using the rear view input. Search the forum.

Audio from the DVD will play while in motion, only the video displayed on the Z2 stops. You could loop the rear video output to the reverse cam input and place a switch on the reverse trigger wire. The reverse wire can be connected to either ground or 12v, you'll have to select the proper polarity for the camera trigger input though the set-up menu. This will work, but you will have the "reversed image" warning over the movie.

Audio from the DVD will play while in motion, only the video displayed on the Z2 stops. You could loop the rear video output to the reverse cam input and place a switch on the reverse trigger wire. The reverse wire can be connected to either ground or 12v, you'll have to select the proper polarity for the camera trigger input though the set-up menu. This will work, but you will have the "reversed image" warning over the movie.

wow son confused :shock: but i would take anything meanwhile z2 is properly hacked. And i think pioneer doesnt want to reveal their secreat YET why? hmm lets see z2 gets hacked being the best product of their line up then the rest of the line up drops sales fast....

because theirs "always" a way to hack its just a matter of time and or ppl are worried about their new $2200 dollar navi and dont want to fu@$ up

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure that there is a bypass for the Z2 that would seem just as easy if you only know what it is. It doesn't have anything to do with better technology. Sooner or later, Pioneer will leak the bypass (usually about 6 months after release) or they will not be able to sell these things. I know that I wouldn't have a Z2 if I hadn't gotten stuck with it as a replacement for a bad Z1. In the mean time, if you want a temp. solution, you can do what I did to have video for now. I explain it under the topic "Good enough for now" bypass. I have heard that someone is selling something similar on Ebay, but this is free and I know that it works. I have been using it everyday.