AVIC411.com

Question about Navi layout on AVIC D3

ok guys there is a little button labeled "XMTRFC" on the map that when you press the guidance voice will tell you "there is no traffic information on your route".. there is a question on the bottom that say Do you want update? how do you update..?369264980AVIC-D3%20regular.jpg

I know its obvious i just dont know how to repond to the question within that screen, i am a XM subscriber and i also have traffic. The AVIC is asking a question i just dont know what to do to update or what to press,,,

I've only had mine a few days and from what I can tell, the navtraffic downloads kinda slowly from the XM sats...so basically if you give it a minute it might/might not have more info from the sats. You'll notice this on the traffic lists too, the update button pops up from time to time. Typically mine has been doing this right as I get in the truck after being on for the first few minutes. My guess is that to keep the displays faster and not tax the CPU, the update to the display only happens when you go into the screens or when you ask it to update.

But you're right, it's a lil goofy. This is just my guess, as I've given the manual a once and twice over and there are a few things that aren't covered very well in there w/ re: to the Traffic.

yeah, it's kind of unintuitive, given that the XMTRFC button is in the bottom right ... the answer buttons pop up in the top left.

interesting, i have never seen these options. The question itself is a yes or no question. i just dont know how to interact with it.... weird..!