AVIC411.com

I like to work on how to get music into Z2.

Will it work with an USB enclosure?

I don't know, but I doubt it would work.

Another question is that when you buy a brand new AVIC-Z#, is the drive already locked? Or is it only locked upon power on?

It's possible that it's not. Some people had the assumption that since the Z1/Z2 would re-lock the drive when it's re-inserted, that it must be unlocked and the user would lock it when they first power up. Which anyone who knows logic knows that doesn't make sense. No one ever unscrewed a Z1 or Z2 before it was powered up to forcefully extract the hard drive before power was applied. To get behind the screen, you need to have power to it to hit eject to remove the drive out the front behind the screen. So everyone so far has powered it up and then removed the hard drive and it was locked.

You can probably convert whatever format you have to .AT3 using Sony's Codec at the weblink below.

http://www.answers.com/topic/adaptive-t ... tic-coding

Tunebite is great for converting any protected music files to .mp3

I can try to copy .AT3 files into my next open music folder and see if the playlist is automatically updated by the Gracenote CDDB. Worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be wonderful if we could all just compile a library on the forum. I have found the files and it's easy to see how to add more music. You only need the folder with the music and a couple database files and you can make it happen. I don't know what kind of trouble we could cause on this great forum though... it might not be worth the headache unless we do it privately.