AVIC411.com

GEX-P920XM and D2, says not connected but it is

Hey all,

My XM works great in my D2. But for some reason the D2 menu screen says its not connected, no ID and no antenna strength. Yet it works fine? And channel 1 or 0 shows my xm ID too (just FYI).

I searched and found some references about the data cable. Which from what I can see, its plugged in. I could check behind the D2 once more, but Im pretty sure it plugged in.

Is the data cable the only thing that causes this?

Thanks!

Ramman949

Hey all,

My XM works great in my D2. But for some reason the D2 menu screen says its not connected, no ID and no antenna strength. Yet it works fine? And channel 1 or 0 shows my xm ID too (just FYI).

I searched and found some references about the data cable. Which from what I can see, its plugged in. I could check behind the D2 once more, but Im pretty sure it plugged in.

Is the data cable the only thing that causes this?

Thanks!

Ramman949

I had the exact same issue as well, and when they finally offered NavTraffic in my city, I went with the 10XMT. Like everyone said, the 10XMT will show connected in the menu.

• 4 weeks later...
Ah, I see. Well thanks guys! So does that mean I cant tell what my signal strength is at all? Thats a bummer if I cant.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of silly too. The thing only supports the NavTraffic unit? :roll: