AVIC411.com

Avic-D3: Vehicle Dynamics Question

Hi, just wondering...I dont know if it is supposed to be like this or not but...i connected the vss wire today and when I check my dynamics, it does not seem to be the same as my gauges. BEFORE i hooked up the vss, the dynamic would be off by about 7, 8, km/h. AFTER i hooked it up, im still off bit its closer... its off by 3, 4 km/h. the weird thing is after i finished work and driving home, it was actually fine! it was on the dot. then i switch it to map view, switch it back to dynamic and its off by a couple km/h again. another thing is when i come to a complete stop, it takes maybe a second or 2 for the dynamic to reach 0, (a little lag) just wanted to know if this is normal or did i wire something wrong? thanks for your help in advanced

• 2 weeks later...

Are you saying his car's stock gauges aren't accurate? I would say the D3 isn't. The instruction booklet states that the vehicle dynamics won't be accurate, and to not use that as a guide for speed.

I think that uses some kind of voltage current, so even as you slow down, there may be some voltage still there, causing inaccuracy.