AVIC411.com

My D2 randomly restarts itself..

I just finished installing my D2, all the connections are soddered. The D2 was previously installed in my 2003 Chevy trailblazer.. I traded it in and got a 2007 VW Jetta. Anyway, the harness that I bought provides a constant 12v, and a Acc line, since the Jetta's harness doesnt do that.

Anyway my problem is the D2 seems to like restarting itself. I did notice that the parking brake trick, where you switch the blue/black wires position on the D2s harness plug, is loose. Could that cause the unit to restart?

Some of the harness has been cut down to fit in a tight space and resoddered, could the excess sodder points cause a bad connection? The wires are soddered solid, and insulated with electricial tape.

I also have a Parrot CK 3100 bluetooth system, as well as the PNR-2 tuner, using the same lead that is provided by aftermarket harness.

The random restarts dont seem to be from a loose connection, cause it happens when I am sitting still. Could I be drawing too much power off the aftermarket harness?

Please help this is annoying problem.

I am tempted to just bit the bullet, and buy all new harnesses and make clean connections, and run a line straight from the engine bay. I know good luck with the VWs firewall design. I miss the extra holes chevy and ford have in their firewalls.

I have disassembled that dash 5 times in the past 3 days.. I hate Parrot there harness is over complicated, and they need to learn to label which set of speaker wires goto the speakers and which goto the HU. Plus if the mute wire isnt need then why have it? Frustrating.

yea if your blue/black wires arent properly inserted into the harness...(the black wire is the ground wire) it will make the unit restart right away but not intermittently.... basically if your ground wire isnt grounded properly or it isnt fitted into the harness correctly as soon as the unit starts up it will restart....

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im having the same problem with my d1. 700 miles ago i installed a rear backup camera and the ipod adtapter for it. was fine then i noticed when the pioneer logo comes on the screen goes black for a split sec and then comes back. It also restarts when driving once and awhile and the audio setting get reset and has to fine my location all over again. sometimes it takes awhile for it to come on when i start the car. ive checked the wires they seem fine gonna check again.i noticed that the bybass was done to it as well.