AVIC411.com

Anyone try this yet?

Guest badbread

Guest badbread
Searching a elitecaraudio.com and saw this post regarding getting music on the HDD:

[quote]just use the program alcohol 120% to make images and burn them as original copies. You can d/l a free trial here [url=http://www.alcohol-soft.com/]http://www.alcohol-soft.com/[/url]

when you burn the image onto cd , just select "original cd" as the disc type
[/quote]

This may work. Has anyone tried it? If not I will try tonight when I get home.
[quote name="badbread"]Searching a elitecaraudio.com and saw this post regarding getting music on the HDD:

[quote]just use the program alcohol 120% to make images and burn them as original copies. You can d/l a free trial here [url=http://www.alcohol-soft.com/]http://www.alcohol-soft.com/[/url]

[/quote]

This may work. Has anyone tried it? If not I will try tonight when I get home.[/quote]

Yes this works. Burn 100 cd's then copy them to your Z1 at 4x the cd speed while being forced to listen to them. Other than the pain it causes in my brain to think about doing this it works fine.... :lol:
[quote name="Pulp_Fiction"]
Yes this works. Burn 100 cd's then copy them to your Z1 at 4x the cd speed while being forced to listen to them. Other than the pain it causes in my brain to think about doing this it works fine.... :lol:[/quote]

Actually Pulp....you don't need to listen to them. Just pop in the CD and change your source to whatever you want. The CD will record in the background. I was ripping a cd the other morning. About half way through it, my wife comes out and starts the car to go to work. (I had it on ACC) I come out and think OMG...she's screwed up the recording and I have half a CD recorded because when she started the car, it rebooted the Z1. Nope...it picked back up right where it left off. She then switched it to XM. I thought she had killed the recording for good this time. Nope...there was a little red button in the corner of the display and it kept right on recording while she listened to XM and had the map up on display.
[quote name="03Aviator"] [quote name="Pulp_Fiction"]
Yes this works. Burn 100 cd's then copy them to your Z1 at 4x the cd speed while being forced to listen to them. Other than the pain it causes in my brain to think about doing this it works fine.... :lol:[/quote]

Actually Pulp....you don't need to listen to them. Just pop in the CD and change your source to whatever you want. The CD will record in the background. I was ripping a cd the other morning. About half way through it, my wife comes out and starts the car to go to work. (I had it on ACC) I come out and think OMG...she's screwed up the recording and I have half a CD recorded because when she started the car, it rebooted the Z1. Nope...it picked back up right where it left off. She then switched it to XM. I thought she had killed the recording for good this time. Nope...there was a little red button in the corner of the display and it kept right on recording while she listened to XM and had the map up on display.[/quote]

That's true. You still can't change tracks or anything.

I have a couple AT3's that are partial uploads from killing the unit during a rip from a CD. I didn't care enough to see if it erased the partial recording or erased it and rerecorded.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Pulp_Fiction"]Actually Pulp....you don't need to listen to them. Just pop in the CD and change your source to whatever you want. The CD will record in the background. I was ripping a cd the other morning. About half way through it, my wife comes out and starts the car to go to work. (I had it on ACC) I come out and think OMG...she's screwed up the recording and I have half a CD recorded because when she started the car, it rebooted the Z1. Nope...it picked back up right where it left off. She then switched it to XM. I thought she had killed the recording for good this time. Nope...there was a little red button in the corner of the display and it kept right on recording while she listened to XM and had the map up on display.[/quote]
That's all very interesting. The Z1 is so finicky about the things that it does, I figured that if you BREATHED on it wrong, you'd upset it, & it would stop recording. That's cool to know. Oh, why to women always DO things like that?!?
[quote name="badbread"]Searching a elitecaraudio.com and saw this post regarding getting music on the HDD:

[/quote]

This may work. Has anyone tried it? If not I will try tonight when I get home.[/quote]

This will work but is overly complicated. I have burned MP3's to an audio CD format, as long as you put them back on in the same order and nothing has altered the length of the songs your unit should recognize the disc.

Not sure why the other forum has you image them first instead of just doing a disc to disc...
[quote name="rockhardnupe7"]What exactly does the alchol120 web site do for you[/quote]

It's just another burning program, like Nero or Roxio (or adaptec if you are old enough to remember that), but it is only for making copies and burning from images. In the olden days it was the best for making 1-1 copies of "weird" disks like PS2 games or whatever.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="rockhardnupe7"]What exactly does the alchol120 web site do for you[/quote]

It's just another burning program, like Nero or Roxio (or adaptec if you are old enough to remember that), but it is only for making copies and burning from images. In the olden days it was the best for making 1-1 copies of "weird" disks like PS2 games or whatever.[/quote]

Ok so since i already have nero i really dont need this. and do you know how to change the background without messin with the hdd