AVIC411.com

Props to Circuit City?????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually....Im not sure about the VSS; however, the navigation is extremely accurate so I am GUESSING that they did. Is there some way I can look in the settings and check to be sure? They did not do the illumination wire on the first try, but after I printed off a page from this forum about it and showed it to them, they did it free of charge and it works great!

Actually....Im not sure about the VSS; however, the navigation is extremely accurate so I am GUESSING that they did. Is there some way I can look in the settings and check to be sure? They did not do the illumination wire on the first try, but after I printed off a page from this forum about it and showed it to them, they did it free of charge and it works great!

Map, Menu, System, Hardware Info, Connection Status.

You need to be moving forward or backward a little, if it is connected it will start to count and you will hear it pulse as it counts. If it does nothing, its not connected.

tell them they did not install it properly. They must do this for free since the VSS wire should be part of the install. The VSS wire is part of the navigation system. It isnt needed to work, but it wouldnt be there if Pioneer didnt want it installed ;)

Take it back to them. Ask them to hook it up, try not to be rude about it. Beleive me being rude about something like that is a good way to get blown off. If they claim not to be able to, they have access to the same info I do.

Speed Sense gray/black ac ABS or brake system control module

Notes: The ABS control module is on the rear driver side of the engine compartment. On the Hybrid models, the brake system control module is on the rear passenger side of the engine compartment.

On vehicles with the 6-disc in-dash CD changer, this wire is also found in the radio harness.

Thanks...That sounds reasonable enough. The guys who I have delt with at this particular Circuit City have been more than awesome thus far and I expect nothing less with this. I'll print out your response and show them just like I have down with the bypass, the illumination wire and the air leak issues I had immediately after the install.....

Well.....as long as they are courteous and keep making up for their mistakes professionally while keeping the interior of my car looking new I'll keep going back. I have had nothing but positive experiences thus far and realize that this is a complex system with lots going on. However, I am now having second thoughts about getting my security system done there.

Just how important is the vss? I dont have mine connected and i am wondering if i should take it back to the installer and have them do it on my 2006 Nissan Altima. I as of yet have not had issues with it. Its pretty accurate on a Z2. What do you think take it back or not?

I went back today because they didnt give me my original head unit back and he told me if anything just let him know. So if you guys believe i should have the VSS connected i will take it back to have them do it.

Thanks.

I went a year without having the VSS hooked up, and I "thought" my AVIC was still pretty accurate. Now with it hooked up, I am much happier. When making turns and such, the navi doesnt get confused at all for those two or three seconds.