AVIC411.com

Nav wont correct itself!

My nav on my Z2 is off by 75 meters or so... and it wont correct itself. I've tried the "Modify Current Location" deal but as soon as I start movin it jumps back out of place.

Does your antenna have to be level? Mines just above the windshield on the drivers side roof and on almost a 45 degree angle. Have anything to do with it?

Also, did the XM module change for the Z2? My XM button wont highlight so I can push it.

I just updated from the Z1 to the Z2!

Ya, the VSS wire is hooked up... as far as I know. The Z2's speedo works great, so I'm guessing its hooked up right. I had it installed so I'm not posative

In the navigation Mena, Go to "Settings", "hardware" and then "connection status." While you're moving, check the "speed pulse". if it reads zero, then Your VSS isn't connected.

The speedo will Still get a reading, using the satelites, even if the VSS isn't hooked up.

It does, but the AVIC can figure out your speed by calculating how much time it takes you to travel between two points. Much the same way a portable GPS can tell you how fast you are going. if the VSS is available, the AVIC will use it (and give you a more accurate reading).

I don't know, I've "only" got a Z1 and it's been working solidly (knock on wood) so far. I'd check your GPS signal status (same page as I previously mentioned). I know that the less satellites you acquire, the further off from your actual location may be reported. 75 metres seems like a lot, but remember that the AVIC will try and "put" you on a road. Meaning that if it's getting a reported position where this is no road, it will try and move the arrow to a near by road that corresponds with the direction you are going.

I don't think the 3D calibration should make a difference, but more knowlegable folks around here might know better. You could also try going through the 4 stages of reset. Good luck.

Think it could be cause I live way the "F" up north and the GPS Sat is hittin it at a funny angle or somethin silly like that? I dunno just a thought!

Sheesh, and they think us Montrealers are "way up north!" :)

I have no idea. I'm pretty sure GPS should still be accurate even at that latitude. I doubt the US military would design a system that only worked south of the 49th parallel. Otherwise, how would the flex their muscle in the rest of the world? :) I sincerly doubt that that is the problem, but maybe one of the gps gurus on this board will have a better idea.

Or are there any AVIC users in Alaska that can shed light on this?

I'm having the same exactly problem with my z2, and will not correct itself. I have tried reseting, my bars are good, its just simply off.

When I did an initial reset, I found that it was really off. After a few minutes of driving, a few turns and so forth, it was back to the 50 to 75 feet of being off.

I want to formally complian to pioneer, but I don't exactly know how.

i talk to one guy, he said that it shouldn't be like that and they would replace it. I doubt if replacing will do anything.......besides, i would have to pay my installer to do it again, or do it myself.

Does your antenna have to be level? Mines just above the windshield on the drivers side roof and on almost a 45 degree angle. Have anything to do with it?

Maybe from this angle there's more GPS multipath occurring? Skeetdogg, can you try just temporarily relocating your antenna to a flat surface?