AVIC411.com

avic-D3 extended warr(A)nty

Hi, I bought my avic-D3 from bestbuy and I was just curious how many people get the extended warrenty, not just for the D3, but just avic in general. is it really worth the extra money? what are the odds of these things going wrong? i know the D3 has no tilt so the odds of problems is less likley. what do you guys think?

Hi, I bought my avic-D3 from bestbuy and I was just curious how many people get the extended warrenty, not just for the D3, but just avic in general. is it really worth the extra money? what are the odds of these things going wrong? i know the D3 has no tilt so the odds of problems is less likley. what do you guys think?

Well, any CD/DVD mechanism can go out of alignment. The real question is whether the extended warranty is worth it. In most cases, the answer is no. But I'll confess to having bought an extended warranty or two in my lifetime. I bought a 4 year extended warranty on my cheap, cheap, cheap Maxent plasma screen, for instance. I figured 4 years peace of mind was worth it, given I was dealing with a no-name brand. OTOH, I wouldn't bother with a 1 year extended warranty. Chances are, if something goes wrong with your unit it'll happen either during the very first year (when it's covered by the manufacturer's warranty) or a few years down the line. My guess is that year 2 will probably be pretty trouble free.

I also got my D3 from Best Buy and purchased the extended warranty for $89.

I normally never purchase the extended warranty on electronics but I've had problems with factory navigation units on cars past and it would have been expensive to replace without a warranty. So, I figured for $89, it might be worth it and not big deal if I never use it.

i think places like best buy and circuit city the extended warranties are worth it.....there is no sort of trouble shooting with them generally if u bought a 4 year extended and say 3 years down the line pioneer comes out wit a shyt load of new upgrades to this d3 model if u take it in to best buy and say yeah im not sure what the problem is but it shuts off intermittently theyll either give u the new equivalent model or everything u paid for ur d3 towards the next step........but then again thats ur call

And the Crook of the Day Award goes to..... (drumroll)

i think places like best buy and circuit city the extended warranties are worth it.....there is no sort of trouble shooting with them generally if u bought a 4 year extended and say 3 years down the line pioneer comes out wit a shyt load of new upgrades to this d3 model if u take it in to best buy and say yeah im not sure what the problem is but it shuts off intermittently theyll either give u the new equivalent model or everything u paid for ur d3 towards the next step........but then again thats ur call
And the Crook of the Day Award goes to..... (drumroll)

i work at best buy, and it is sad to say but he is right lol buy the warranty and if the new model comes out within the life of the warranty you can just lie and get the new model or put what you paid for your d3 towards the new model and pay the difference. When its busy if you say your d3 turns off randomly we are not goin to waste time and try and see if your lieing or not.

The BB i used to work at would, and the CC I currently work at does. The system goes to the service center, and if they find no problems, customer gets it back with a bill for $25 for the test. Not to mention you still have to deal with the no lemon policy first. Which says the system must be repaired at the service center 3 times before a replacement is made.

The BB i used to work at would, and the CC I currently work at does. The system goes to the service center, and if they find no problems, customer gets it back with a bill for $25 for the test. Not to mention you still have to deal with the no lemon policy first. Which says the system must be repaired at the service center 3 times before a replacement is made.

oh damn ur right theres a psp on that system not prp ya soo ya u have to get it serviced 3 times b4 u get a new one... unlike a product replacement plan where we just replace it ..

I think it also depends on the best buy. I've actually done what he was saying many many times with an iPod. at first it was with a PRP, but then I had to renew it (didnt even know that was allowed) and they gave me a PSP. I'm still able to just walk in, tell them a problem, and get money equivalent, or in my case, the new ipod model...

just saying.

that is usually because there have been soo many problems with the ipod its useless to try to find the problem. Also, with certain items that "go to devo" (returned items that get shipped back) for those that work there, we usually get some sort of reinbursement on it, so most of the times its not worth tinkering with it for an hour and piss off the customer when we don't know whats wrong with it