AVIC411.com

OK all, searched the forums as best as I could but nothing helpful has come up. Here's hoping you guys can help me out here.

Had my D3 for about 2.5 months now. '05 Xterra (so I had to figure out the hard way there was no speed sensor wire) and it worked fine until yesterday. The unit started to reboot itself (by reboot I mean that I was driving and the screen went black and then came back up with the Pioneer logo). It did this at least 4-5 times and then it did the "Reading from Disk" routine (and it had to reboot itself as well) and all kinds of other stuff that's not in the manual. Eventually the screen went black for 30 seconds and then...BOOM

Anyways...I am now stuck with a login screen that says "What is your mother's maiden name?" and when I input it, it says INVALID and kicks me out. After 3 tries the screen locks me out and I have to restart my car.

What is this, how the hell do I get rid of this and what could have caused this? Any and all help appreciated, the installer can't figure this out either. Pioneer tech support is less than helpful

dude, whatever your smoking, i want some :lol:

Yep pass the bong my way

This unit has done weird stuff since I got it and this is just the latest. I think I got a bad one from the factory.

I'm hoping there is some sort of hidden reset feature so that I don't have to send this unit back to Pioneer and be without music and nav for weeks.

this sucks :(