AVIC411.com

Bluetooth hack?

is there a hack for the bluetooth? the pioneer manual says that you can't access the phone book and make calls from the AVIC-D3 if the vehicle is in motion.

i am going to do the bypass on my D3 this weekend. will the bypass allow me to make phone calls while the vehicle is moving?

will the bypass still work if i am going to connect the VSS?

i have a 2000 Honda Accord

• 1 month later...
lol wait ? you cant use the phone and bluetooth while driving if its not bypassed ? wtf

If it's not bypassed, you can't dial out or access the menu options while driving. You can however receive calls.

After you bypass, you can do whatever you like. :twisted:

lol wait ? you cant use the phone and bluetooth while driving if its not bypassed ? wtf

Yeah, I have had a bypassed unit since the day I installed it... When I read this I couldn't believe it...

I mean, isn't that the point of hands-free calling???

I understand the reasoning, but it still seems odd...

Mark

• 1 month later...

I have the bluetooth hookup for my D3 and i can call all the people that i want to while i drive. The only thing that gets locked out is the alphabetical search feature in the phonebook... other than that, full functionality...

another question as an aside though- if i do the bypass on my d3 will i lose the mute feature when receiving a call? since you have to move the mute wire (yellow/black) to do the bypass???

Everything the the D3 blocks out while the vehicle is in motion is no longer blocked when the bypass is done. And the VSS wire should still be hooked up for the GPS to work accurately (the VSS wire has nothing to do with the bypass).

Also, the mute function still works when using the mute wire for the bypass. The muting works through the bluetooth module, I believe.

• 4 weeks later...
Everything the the D3 blocks out while the vehicle is in motion is no longer blocked when the bypass is done. And the VSS wire should still be hooked up for the GPS to work accurately (the VSS wire has nothing to do with the bypass).

Also, the mute function still works when using the mute wire for the bypass. The muting works through the bluetooth module, I believe.

Great! another question answered with a little bit of searching... not that i doubt you but has anyone confirmed this? i would hate to have to open up the dash again and replace the mute wire and re-bypass