AVIC411.com

Bluetooth UpdateCD disables flashBypass; fix it on the CD

Does anyone know what files on the upgrade CD from Pioneer I can remove and burn to another Cd; so when i put it in the Z1 unit in my truck it doesn't disable my Flash Bypass?? there has to be a way! If my unit was manufactured prior to July can i use the new bypass instead of the Flash bypass; so that i can use the update CD for the echo problem? Will the new Bypass method void the manufacture warranty? I have a 4 year extended warranty through shity Circuit City. Also i have been getting mixed information about if the Cingular Samsung Blackjack is compatible with the bluetooth adapter?

Yikes that's a lot of stuff all run together, lets see if I can divide and simplify.

Do u know what files on the upgrade CD from Pioneer I can remove and burn to another Cd;

Not exactly. The problem is the update is designed to be an "all or nothing" load and the new image (all files) is checked to make sure all the files have been properly loaded. We have a list of what changed, but had no luck changing one file out of the mix.

so whe i put it in the Z1 unit in my truck it doesn't disable my Flash Bypass??

You will be able to do the new 2 wire ground bypass.

there has to be a way!

There is, but I would bet you would need to be a pioneer engineer to do it. Without some inside knowledge, it would be next to impossible. Or so time and money expensive you could almost build a GPS system from scratch.

If my unit was manufactured prior to July can i use the new bypass instead of the Flash bypass;

Yes you can. As long as you can move a wire in the connectors without breaking anything, you can do it.

so that i can use the update CD for the echo problem?

It helped with mine. Decreasing the volume on the phone before you pair it helped as well, but the bypass will help too.

Will the new Bypass method void the manufacture warranty?

I don't know. I don't think so, I doubt that any person there would notice. If there was a failure they would remove the unit and leave the connectors in your vehicle. They are not going to cut out the wiring harnesses, they would just swap out the head unit only. I doubt anyone would notice. But if they did they MIGHT give you a hard time, it would depend on the person you dealt with I guess.

I have a 4 year extended warranty through shity Circuit City.

Probably not the best thing... but I don't think it would be a problem (but not being a circuit city employee I can't tell you one way or the other).

Also i have been getting mixed information about if the Cingular Samsung Blackjack is compatible with the bluetooth adapter?

I have no experience with that phone. The update will not fix any compatibility issues, just echo. Best thing to do it borrow one or go to a store and ask them to try one, some shops will let you take a working phone into your car with a sales man and test the connectivity.

Indeed, i know i have to ground a few wires for the new bypass, and what not. but i want to be able to update everything including the CD database as well as the bluetooth upgrade without bypass fuck up problems.

Yes you can update CD databases and it won't mess with the bypass. The bluetooth will mess with the bypass, but it changes the way you have to do a bypass, before the bluetooth upgrade, you flashed your headlights (or used my circuit) and after the bluetooth upgrade you now ground 2 wires. That's to pioneer, that's just the situation we have to deal with.