AVIC411.com

VSS hookup made a huge difference in Navigation on Avic D3

I just recently hooked up the vss wire after the installer did not do it and moved my antenna outside of my car. I can tell you that having the VSS hooked up has made a huge difference. Those of you that say it is not needed could not be more wrong IMO. Hook it up if you haven't already. Also now since all that is hooked up could someone tell me how I can get TV on the D3. Thank You

i think moving the antenna could make a big diff too.

but ya i ALWAYS hook up vss and reverse.

the only time i dont is if the vehicle doesnt have one (new dodges)

but for those you can get a speed pulse generator or the canbus adapter

to any installers out there

STOP BIENG LAZY! IF THE UNIT HAS THE WIRES THEN HOOK THEM UP!!

yeah the purpose of the vss is so the nav can accurately move through the map when the gps signal is lost like in a tunnel. that way it doesnt keep the map moving when you stop in a tunnel or something. its always good to hook it up. every car i work on i hook it up unless it cannot be done like a 2000 lincoln ls. all the other years of the LS has a vss except yr 2000 ones.

we arent saying that it wont work without vss.

but do you really think that the vss is a sill wire that they put on the unit to have us installers waste time in hooking it up...

no you dont have to hook up vss. but wouldnt you want to give your $1000+ unit all the info it can possibly get in order to work well?

i think next time i have 2 cars with avics here im going to do a test of my own ill take plenty of pics

I was simply stating my experience in tunnels with no VSS hooked up. I DEFINITELY get tracking through the tunnels.

If I could get a DEFINITE answer on which wire is the VSS wire for a 2002 Lincoln LS V8, I'd hook it up.

But no one can tell me, and Crutchfield recommends using some sort of kit. I'll pass for now.