AVIC411.com

avic n3 bluetooth upgrade ????

you can use the btb200 with the n3 but unfortunately it doesnt have all the other options. you can dial from your cellie and the conversation will go through your vehicle's speakers. you can't access the phone book or anything else. :(

the CD-BTB200 which i have came with the mic and visor clip which works excellent with my n3. all the options of address book and such are not adaptable. you must dial from your phone and the conversations are projected thru the cars speakers. all the pioneer units do and will not come with a bluetooth inside the system itself and the bluetooth adapter units are sold separately. either way, u need to buy a bluetooth unit. :x

• 6 months later...

So the N3 is not really Bluetooth compatible then? But you can still use the Bluetooth adapter?

I think N3 users might benefit from getting a Parrot or Nokia Bluetooth kits for their car because its truely not HANDS Free unless you are able to access phone books, call via voice command, etc.

Its P-bus. You just daisy chain it on to whatever other P-bus accessories you have installed. But it doesn't work well, just buy Parrot kit or something similar

So how do you add the bluetooth? I have the BTB200, but can't figure out where to plug it in. There's no where to plug it in on the head unit. And the only place to plug it in on the brain is already used (maybe by the backup camera?).

It works, but shows up as an external unit, so it doesn't work well from the screen. Parrot is a better choice

So the N3 is not really Bluetooth compatible then? But you can still use the Bluetooth adapter?

I think N3 users might benefit from getting a Parrot or Nokia Bluetooth kits for their car because its truely not HANDS Free unless you are able to access phone books, call via voice command, etc.