AVIC411.com

Center console in '94 Full Size Blazer

Thanks for the tips. I was actually looking at the heat activated glue on select products the other day, I didn't even see that vinyl. I went to an upholstery guy around here, to see how they would do it, and he said it would be impossible to stretch that over the bends and that it would need to be seamed. He quoted me 150 bucks to do it. I think I'll give it a try with my 3 dollars worth of vinyl...

• 5 weeks later...

Finally finished this project...

I ended up having the top done by someone. He seamed it, which I didn't think I was going to like, but it is growing on me. He only charged me 55 dollars too, which I guess isn't bad. I wanted to say that I did the whole thing myself, but I would rather have it look good.

I covered the sides myself, that was pretty easy. The drivers side was a little difficult because of the cut-outs I made for the 4WD shifter. After I bent that shifter, and pulled the center console, everything went in nicely. Even the wiring, because the old radio was right there, I just had to pull it under the dash.

Now I just need to make myself some backgrounds. And Im still having trouble locating a VSS wire. The stuff I found on Directwire isn't working. Thats for another day though...

post-7973-12872752863975_thumb.jpg

post-7973-12872752865264_thumb.jpg