AVIC411.com

OK, I tapped into the VSS wire on my truck. I ran a lead into the truck and attached a voltmeter. Set the meter to AC voltage. Drove truck and watched the meter. It displays 10.5v when stopped and 5.2v when driving. Isn't it suppose to vary at different volts as I drive at different speeds?? I do have the right wire correct??

I tried the navigation without this wire and it's somewhat off coarse, also the voice prompt gets cut off pre-maturely, probable due to being off coarse???(VSS Wire??)

If I attach this lead to pink wire of N1 will it work correctly?

Installed N1 into 2003 Dodge Dakota. Tap is on white/orange stripe wire at 27 on PCM.

Mods have been done on N1..Software upgraded to N3. Park brake wire gnd.

Any Help******????

Voltage meter will just show the voltage diff when the car is stopped compared to when it is moving, which will then eliminate the other wires as being the VSS.

If you wanted to see the difference hook the wire up to an oscilloscope and you will be able to see the square wave.

And yes the unit will tell you if you have correctly hooked up the wire.

RESULTS..RESULTS....

I took that lead from the PCM that's suppose to be the VSS wire and hooked it up to the pink of N1. WOW!! Everything works beutifully, very accurate, voice promts great and dynamics are on the money.

THanks a mill....helcamino75 and cntrylvr79

This forum has been a wealth of info... :D:D:D [/b]