AVIC411.com

Steering wheel controls in 2007 F150 & pac swi ps proble

I have been lurking for awhile now, but finally needed a question answered that i didnt find the answer to.

Well i have my Z2 installed with the bluetooth and ipod attachments without any problems and everything works great.

I know people have said the steering wheel controls work with the pac swi ps switch, but when my installers installed it they couldnt figure out which wire they had to attach from the pac swi harness to the pioneer harness. Anyone here know which wire they are supposed to be looking for!

Thanks Trevor

I checked crutchfield and theu dont even show the pacswi ps as an option for the Z2, does that mean its not compatable?

No the PAC SWI PS is compatible with the Z2, it works rather nicely too.

Well the only wires you need to connect from the Pac SWI PS harness to the Z2's harness is power and ground.

I'm not 100% sure about all vehicle wiring but the steering wheel control wire (from the truck) might not be brought out on adapter harness and it's certainly not on the Z2's harness.

I think you will need to connect it behind the ford harness:

Ford24.jpg

Pac audio says for your vehicle:

The INTERFACE's wire color we are going to use is White. This is the White wire on the INTERFACE, not the vehicle!

The other wires on the INTERFACE, green, yellow, orange and blue wires are not used for your Ford F-Series.

Connect the INTERFACE's White wire to Pin 18 (Lt. Blue/Red) of the above connector

Then to connect the PAC SWI PS to the Z2, there is a headphone jack looking thing that plugs into the back of it. Make sure you put it in the steering wheel remote interface hole not the digital audio out jack they are the same and right next to each other.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I bought a PAC SWI for my 2007 Saturn Outlook (and they sent an X), but then sent the right part. Using the supplied and online instructions, found the BCM, the right connector, the right wire and got it hardwired. But in the programming, the thing goes haywire. I programmed it for Version 1, as instructed, but then when I start to try to program the 7 individual buttons, the programming goes fine for the first 3 buttons, then the programming LED comes on and won't go out. It loses the program, even for the version #. And if I try to plug the mini-plug into the wired remote control pigtail on connector 2 of the Z2, the volume starts climbing all the way to 40. The buttons have no effect at all. I've re-started, cleared, and re-cleared, and re-programmed a dozen times. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks

T.