AVIC411.com

Possible Blown Internal RCA "Fuse" on my Z1

Hello. I have been having very strange problems with my Z1. I had the unit out to install my bluetooth module. While the unit was out I did unplug and re-route some wires/RCA's behind the dash in an attempt to clean it up. Now I have engine noise and besides that the sound out of the speakers is way off, very flat and mono sounding, like its playing in an empty room. Here is the strange part

-If I fade to the front, the front speakers actually get louder

-If I turn off the sub in the sub control menu it stays on, yes the SUB can no longer be turned off from the Z1.

-Buzzing and popping and engine noise is present at all times

I am running this in my 2003 silverado HD. I have rechecked all connections and everything is installed as it should. I even tried another deck to make sure the amps and speakers are working, they are working perfectly. It is the Z1 for sure that is messed up. I have had the system installed for about 8 months now with no problems. I am running a JL 500/1 for the sub and a 300/4 for the mids. After doing much reading and searching I have found this thread with 71novas problems to be quite similar

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1909&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rca+fuse&start=15

I am pretty sure my internal fuse is gone. Anyone else ever had this problem? I have not seen anyone with the same symptoms as me except for the noise. I am still under warranty, any change of this being covered? I am going to try and ground the RCA's to the case tonight and see what happens I will report back. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Jason

Update

After reading a post from our friends at the12volt.com Here I verified the fuse is indeed gone.

I was able to get everything working again from another post somewhere that I can't remember. I ran a wire from the Outer part of the RCA cable and grounded it on the side casing of the Z1. So far everything is working perfectly. :D Some people said some of the engine noise may still exist. I hear none, could be because my truck is a diesel (no spark plugs :) ). I am going to run it like this for now and see how it goes. I just wanted to let anyone else know in case they run into this strange phenomenon. After goggling around it looks like pioneers are notorious for this. Good Luck!

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

dood. whoever told you there is an internal fuse on your RCA is on crack.

The problem you are having is common with every pioneer head unit that has "dangler" rca's. The problem is Noise. If you look at the white plug with all the RCS's coming out of it, you can see which are positives and which are grounds,,, simple strip back any one of the grounds, and tap a wire onto it.

Connect the other end of the wire to Chassis ground, or to the ground wire.

I have never seen an RCA on a fuse. EVER in 15 years of professional audio sales and installation.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...