AVIC411.com

AVIC-D2 Bypass NOT D3

I know this question has been asked several thousand times but I cannot find specific bypass info for the D2.

Each time I search the D3 seems to be the unit specified as opposed to the older D2. The Pioneer harness for the D2 does not appear to have the Mute wire in the same location.

PLEASE HELP!

Well i was in the same boat as you, couldn't find the exact instruction for the d2 as well. I read somewhere that the instruction were the same as the d3. I ended up connecting a wire in the only blank spot on the power connector and grounded it as well as the parking brake wire. After crossing my fingers and turning it on, it worked! So far no problems.. keeping my fingers crossed...

Well i was in the same boat as you, couldn't find the exact instruction for the d2 as well. I read somewhere that the instruction were the same as the d3. I ended up connecting a wire in the only blank spot on the power connector and grounded it as well as the parking brake wire. After crossing my fingers and turning it on, it worked! So far no problems.. keeping my fingers crossed...

And that would be the bypass for the d1/d2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys

i had a quick question about this topic so i figured id post here instead of starting a new thread.... im new here so heres a quick intro... my name is mike and i have a 2007 nissan frontier with the rockford fosgate package and a pioneer avic-d2... i had the headunit in my maxima for a while and the bypass work perfectly... i took it out of the max when i got the truck and everything was working fine until a few days ago i started getting the "System ebrake improperly hooked up" message... i check everything for loose wires and grounds and it seems fine.... i have the ebrake grounded and the empty slot wired and grounded as well... idk what i can be missing since it was hooked up the same in the other car... any suggestions would be great thanks

is the ground wire for the avic hooked up the the stock harness or is it grounded to the metal behind the dash? If it's not grounded behind the dash then do that. There isn't a ground in the nissan harness, even though some manufacturers put the pin in their aftermarket harnesses.

is the ground wire for the avic hooked up the the stock harness or is it grounded to the metal behind the dash? If it's not grounded behind the dash then do that. There isn't a ground in the nissan harness, even though some manufacturers put the pin in their aftermarket harnesses.

everything is grounded to the metal behind the dash.... its really weird because like i said before it work perfectly in the maxima and now its acting up in the truck.... i might take that whole thing apart again tomorrow and put in a new ground

ok i think i got..... took the whole dash apart... rewired all my ground wires to new shiny metal parts of the dash.... put a new wire into the empty slot and made the pin really tight almost too tight to even put the harness back in but it just squeezed by... so far so good .... ill go for a little ride tonite to make sure it wont reset but i guess that was it.... bad ground somewhere or loose pin.... thanks guys