AVIC411.com

Bluetooth microphone sucks!

Has anyone tried a different microphone with the Pioneer BT unit? Has anyone been successful with it working and people hearing better on the other end? Thanks in advance and sorry if posted out of place or previously answered.

I had the same prob with my Z2 (though not with the Z1 that it replaced, even using the same BT mod). I swapped my mic for one that I had laying around in my tool box. This was an auto EQ mic from my old radio (AVM-P7500DVD). It's a small round mic (Mento-shaped :D ) and so far so good.

Actually most mic's ARE noise cancelling, that is why they have those little holes. But that is not what the thread starter asked for...

Try moving your mic around. There is a chance that you got a bad mic, I have seen it before, but most likely you have it in a bad spot. Keep it away from your side windows and any vents (defrost, etc.) I have found that near your visor works pretty good. Possibly because the headliner is a sound absorbing material, and cuts down on the echo effect that you can get by putting it at the bottom of your windshield.[/i]