AVIC411.com

Cheap Security Solution *Face Cover*

Hello......I'm new to the site, soon to purchase a D3. I've always been a fan of double-din units and have always used a security solution that I thought you all would find helpful. Back in the late 90s, I had a Sony double-din CD/Cassette that came with a fake "tray/compartment" that you would place over the unit. Well, I ended up buying an Eclipse unit years after I sold the Sony unit, but wanted that same security piece, so I found the part number and ordered it directly from Sony. Well, it's still available because I just ordered another one to go with the D3.

So here's the information if anyone wants to get it:

Model: COVER ASSY, FRONT

Part #: X33746052

Price: $30.84

Here's the site you can order it from: http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ecom/a ... /index.jsp

I think I just ordered the last one they had in stock, so check back in a few days.

Here's some old pictures from when I last used one:

post-10363-12872752732938_thumb.jpg

post-10363-12872752733711_thumb.jpg

post-10363-12872752734192_thumb.jpg

Need a store that would send this to europe. Any advise what store to go?

Is this an original Sony product?

Have you tried contacting Sony Europe? This is a Sony original part, the European version of the receiver it came with is the WX-C570R if that helps.

Otherwise, have someone you know over here buy it and ship it to you.

That looks like a nice solution, but how does it fasten? I don't think I have much of a lip for it to grab on in my installation

It just gently snaps on, around the edges of the face. If you have any amount of space between the nose of the D3 and the frame, it should fit. The plastic on this cover is pretty thin.

Looks like a great, cheap solution.....but it looks almost too obvious to me....

True, it's not 100% thief-proof.......but out of site, out of mind. I used to live in a high crime apartment complex. I had two cars, both with aftermarket systems......the one with equipment exposed was broken into, along with 3 of my neighbors.....the one with the setup you see pictured above, was never touched.

I used to have a problem w/ people in my apt complex messing w/ my truck. Would wake up to my alarm going off and find forehead and cupped hand smugges on the glass. :evil:

I was pretty sure who was to blaim. It all stopped when they saw me on the way to the range loading my AR into the truck w/ my HK 45 on my hip. :lol:

BigTex07, thank you for this post. I ordered one as soon as I saw your post. It is backordered like you said but they said it should be shipping in a few weeks. I also feel you for living in Houston with the huge theft problem they have. I lived there in 98 and my car was broken into at work and equipment that took me 8 months to pay off was stolen in 8 minutes. Naturally I wont to hold on to what I have now and this item wont hurt.